turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can i fill out a nyc 1127 on turbotax?

Hi Lena. I actually completed the NYC  allocation portion, the 1127 is still not showing.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

If you completed the allocation, you should be able to print the form out from TurboTax.   Have you tried to print it yet?   When you print, the federal forms show up first and you have to scroll down to get to the state forms.    And as mentioned above, the form can't be e-filed.    @BahaaeldinAhmed

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Actually I did, I didn't get the 1127 tab as Dave's screenshot showed, I've also checked the new york forms under the  tools section, still nothing there.

Screenshot_20210217-232014_TurboTax.jpg

ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

@ BahaaeldinAhmed The link to Form 1127 is at the bottom of the screen Take a look at New York credits and taxes beneath the last section on your screenshot. Have you scrolled all the way down? If you are not seeing it, you may to adjust your display or try another browser.

I see Form 1127 in the forms list. You can check by:

• Clicking Tax Tools in the left column
  • Clicking Tools
  • Selecting Delete a Form in Tools Center
  • Scrolling down to NYC-1127 Copy 1

Ernie I checked it on my laptop as well and still the same, the page ends here. I also checked my generated forms list under tools>delete form, NYC 1127 is not there either.

I have the same issue this year.  It doesn't show up under Other Taxes and credits.

@hhshull I ended up filing myself on paper with DOF that year, Turbotax didn’t resolve that issue.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

The New York (NY) form 1127 will not be available until 01/26/2023.  Please review the available forms to check the status.

@BahaaeldinAhmed

That's what I figured. Thanks.

JosephS1
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can fill out an NYC-1127 on TurboTax but it is available to print only.  E-filing the NYC 1127 is not supported.  Manually enter the allocation for NYC and print and mail the NYC-1127.  The form became available for printing on January 26, 2023.

@hhshull

I can't find this form.  It doesn't show up under Other Tax Credits.

JosephS1
Expert Alumni

Yes, you can fill out an NYC-1127 on TurboTax but it is available to print only.  E-filing the NYC 1127 is not supported.  Manually enter the allocation for NYC and print and mail the NYC-1127.  The form became available for printing on January 26, 2023.

The problem is that this form only shows up if you say non-resident of NYC.  If you check part year resident, then you don't get the form under Other Tax Credits.  I lived in NYC through March, then moved, but I remained a full year NYC employee.  If you check part year resident, then the form doesn't show up at all. 

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Form NYC-1127 is for a nonresident.  It adds an additional tax to the non-resident return for a city employee who doesn't live in the city because they have to pay that tax as if they were a resident since they are employed by the city.  Part-year residents are already paying the tax.  So you don't need the form added.

@hhshull

This isn't really correct.  The City withholds the tax for the portion of the year you are a resident if you move mid-year.  Once you notify them of the new, non-resident address they withhold what's called NYC waiver to pay the 1127 amount.  I get a W-2 and what's called a 1127.2 wage and tax statement that has  abox for both the local tax withheld while I was a resident of the City and a box for the 1127 amount withheld for the time after I moved out of the City (i.e. when I was a non-resident but still employed by the City).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies