Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Nebraska Standard deduction is incorrect

I just sumitted my reutrn under token number 1161349.  It shows the Nebraska standard deduction at last year's level of $7350. It has been raised to $7900, shown clearly on the form itself.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Few -- if any -- state programs are really ready and up to date yet.   Do not be in a hurry to file.  Wait for a few weeks so that your software and forms are up to date for the current tax year.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yeah, the Nebraska forms are not expected to be final until after 25 January.

We won't be able to tell if an actual error is there until after those forms are supposedly "Final".  Check again on the 26th.

One year they showed the NC forms early (before the finalized date), but what showed had all the prior year limits, %tax, etc, and even different line numbers such that some calculations were all wrong.  Then, after the final forms were posted...it was all correct....you need to wait and check again at the end of the month, then submit post back if it's still wrong.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies