Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Even if Self-prepared, Turbotax keeps asking for preparer's info and can't allow to fill in

Any update?

Even if Self-prepared, Turbotax keeps asking for preparer's info and can't allow to fill in

Any update? We paid for NJ and it doesn't work! I've used TurboTax every year for the past 15 years for all my clients, and if this is not worked out quickly, I'm done with TurboTax.

MayaD
Expert Alumni

We would like to take a deeper dive into this message to assist you. In order to do this, it would be helpful to have a TurboTax ".tax2023" file that is experiencing this issue. You can send us a “diagnostic” file that has your “numbers” but not your personal information.

For TurboTax online:
1.Go to the black panel on the left side of your program and select Tax Tools.
2. Select Tools below Tax Tools.
3. A window will pop up which says Tools Center.
4. Select Share my file with Agent.
You will see a message explaining what the diagnostic copy is. Click okay through this screen and then you will get a Token number.
Reply to this thread with your Token number. This will allow us to open a copy of your return without seeing any personal information.

For TurboTax desktop: 
1.Select Online menu
2.Select Send Tax File to Agent.
3.A pop-up message will appear, select Send. 
4.Reply back with the Token Number.

@barry429144

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Token Number 1226385

@MayaD 

Token Number - 1226774

@MayaD 

@MayaD @CatinaT1 

Can you at least give us an update please?

@MayaD @CatinaT1 @z93007 @arg1235514 @p289818

I am told that this would be a violation of Consumer Protection laws. TurboTax convinced me to purchase their product by advertising that I could e-file for NJ too, but I am unable to e-file. This is false advertising. We will start a class action lawsuit, and include all TurboTax customers who reside in NJ.

MayaD
Expert Alumni

I checked your file, I am getting 2 areas that need to be fixed.

Revisit the Business Info to Edit the business code. 

Go to Federal Taxes then Income and click Edit next to schedule K1. 

Check the error message in the second screen and correct  partner ID. 

Instructions for Form NJK-1 (Form NJ-1065)

Please post again if that doesn't work. 

@barry429144 

@MayaD I'm not sure what you're referring to. My token Number is Token Number 1226385

The only errors I have is on NJ-1065 p 1,2

And the system isn't letting me fix it, so I cant e-file NJ.

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Here is another image of the errors on the return. 

Also NJ return is not showing any error message. I see there is no  for paid preparer's information but it is not preventing you from e-filing.  

@barry429144

@MayaD 

That is so weird. I don't see any federal errors, and I was able to successfully e-file federal. I only see NJ errors.

@MayaD Are you sure you're looking at the correct file?

MayaD
Expert Alumni

@barry429144 

Yes. That's the correct one. 

Let me check it again to see what is going on. 

@MayaD 

Thank you. Please let me know what you found. 

Maya

The issue is when we go to NJ eFile, it says to enter the Paid Preparer Info, while this is self prepared and there is no place to enter even n/a in Paiod Preparer, or even Override it.

It keeps on asking us to put it in some Info screen but when I research that is from the Turbotax PRO Product and someone at your end did not remove that check.

It is just 11 days to filing deadline and I have trvel plans after 12th,

This is outrageous that since past 5 weeks your company has not been able to fix this small issue.

As others said we have NO ERRORS in the file, and were able to e-file the Federal Return and even got the acknowledgment and acceptance

This HAS TO be fixed ASAP or else, we all will have to paper file, which means break of TT trust a big way.

Please escalate to the highest support team,

Thanks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies