turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Even if Self-prepared, Turbotax keeps asking for preparer's info and can't allow to fill in

I have a 0 dollar tax return as the last return to be filed. NJ 1065 keeps stuck on Reviewing return page for NJ 1065 asking for Preparer's address must be entered in Tools / Options / Firm / Preparer but I do not see any such option under Tools menu. 

It is not letting e-file for this reason only. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

36 Replies
p289818

Even if Self-prepared, Turbotax keeps asking for preparer's info and can't allow to fill in

I am having the same issue with NJ-1065.  I cannot find Tools / Options / Firm/Preparer anywhere, and I am fairly certain this section is only for a paid preparer.  I am also unable to access the signature line above (you cannot override it) where the Gen Partner/Tax Matter Partner should be signing.

Please advise Turbotax.

I am having the same issue where I can not submit.  It is asking for Preparer information without being able to skip it since it is self-prepared.

Jim

I got the same error. There is another post on the support page and TurboTax says it is fixed but it is not. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/form-1065/nj-1065-p12-requiring-paid-pre...

Such lax support forces us the users to not e-file and print and send the return which is so dumb in this age 

Why does TT Support not solve this. What I presume it is referring is to its TurboTax Pro products as there is no place to enter this info (as it is Self Prepared). Can TT Support wake up !!!!!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Here you can sign up for updates: Why is NJ 1065 p1, 2 requiring paid preparer info for self-prepared return?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What's the use of a fix once the due date passes. This should be a simple fix ...

What is going on TT fix the issue 

when the fix will be available - I have spent 2-3 hours on March 15th explaining the issue to TT helpdesk analyst. It's more than 2 weeks now, I need to file my NJ returns

PLease provide date by which it will be fixed

This is not right. Where's the fix? Its almost the deadline!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

We have not been told anything other than this sign up for updates: Why is NJ 1065 p1, 2 requiring paid preparer info for self-prepared return? 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Catina

Can you please push for more updates. This is unfair.

@CatinaT1 

Any update? please push for more updates and let us know ASAP.

Thank you.

@CatinaT1 any update?

any update?

p289818

I ran the updates on the software yesterday and the package stated it was for New Jersey.  Tried to e-file and had the same issue.  They clearly have not fixed the issue.  Will most likely be sending via snail mail, or using the NJ online portal, although that web app is not great either...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies