Rookie47

The box numbers on my 1099-R from my state pension do not match the Turbotax box numbers. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Specifically, my 1099 stops at box 13, but Turbotax asks for info in boxes 14-16. For example, it wants my state tax withholding reported in box 14, but it is actually in box 12 (which doesn't exist on the Turbotax form).
MS1957

I am experiencing the same problem and had hoped that Turbo Tax would have responded to this question.  I'll be checking back to see if there are any updates.

SteamTrain

@Rookie47   @MS1957    

.............several retirement systems/issuers have released 1099-R forms with improperly labelled boxes at #'s 12 and higher for 2020.  (TurboTax's numbering is correct)

For 2020, The IRS changed the box # labelling for boxes 12 and higher.   The former 12,13,14 are now supposed to be boxes 14,15,16 respectively.   So either use that info to put your data in the proper boxes....or just carefully match the subject text on each box before transferring the data it contains to the TTX form.

Then call the issuer, and ask them if they are aware of the issue, and if they are going to correct their forms or not...they do need to get lots of complaints, so they get on the ball and  get it right next year.

*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*