How can I make a copy of tax return without social security number printed

Want to send copy for mortgage applicatio of tax return  without social  security number.

HOw is this done?

Only way is to print the return & cover up the SS#  

Level 18 rjs

Here are a few ways you can do it.

1. Go to the Personal Info section and delete your Social Security number. Print the tax return. Then go back to Personal Info and put the Social Security number back in.

2. Save the PDF. Use PDF editing software to redact the Social Security number in the PDF. Then print the tax return from the redacted PDF.

3. Print the tax return. Block out the Social Security number on each page with white-out or with a black marker. Make a photocopy of the tax return with the number blocked out, and send the photocopy .

And check all the pages.  The ssn might be across the top of each schedule.

The problem with deleting the SSN in the tax software, is that doing that may remove some credits or exemptions automatically such that the PDF you print out is no longer the correct one......and then you have to mess around to get them back...I'd leave that alone.

I wonder if the PDF software on the MAC has the ability to erase stuff (Adobe Reader doesn't allow it)
___________________
Not sure erasing the SSN is useful anyhow,....the mortgage company will likely have and use your SSN anyhow when checking your credit?   OR isn't that used anymore?
HRB

True about the mortgage company, in fact they need it to verify it’s your actual return against a transcript they request and the economic situation portrayed is real.  So you make a good point. 

However, we’re looking at several financial advisors, and so for us the concern is about some of their junior staff, Especially those in the copy and transcript department might be high school kids.  The planners have fiduciary responsibility but their clerks might not

@HRB 

Then take a picture of each of your paper tax return sheets to create jpeg files ( .jpg extension )….and then use picture processing software to erase the SSN on each sheet you are releasing.   Then print those.

Windows software has a native Paint app that allows opening a jpg file and an eraser tool that I've used.  Don't know what a MAC might have.