Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tess1003

I need to get either a SSA-1099 Form / or a Non SSA-1099 form FOR BOTH my son and daughter? ' Is this something that is in my tax return that I can print out ?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to get either a SSA-1099 Form / or a Non SSA-1099 form FOR BOTH my son and daughter? ' Is this something that is in my tax return that I can print out ?

the SSA-1099 is sent by the Soc Sec Adm .    there is no "non" form.  if you need the form contact the social security administration

Contacting Social Security
The most convenient way to contact us anytime,
anywhere is to visit www.socialsecurity.gov.
There, you can: apply for benefits; open a
my Social Security account, which you can
use to review your Social Security Statement,
verify your earnings, print a benefit verification
letter, change your direct deposit information,
request a replacement Medicare card, and get a
replacement SSA-1099/1042S; obtain valuable
information; find publications; get answers to
frequently asked questions; and much more.
If you don’t have access to the internet, we
offer many automated services by telephone,
24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us tollfree at 1-800-772-1213 or at our TTY number,
1-800-325-0778, if you’re deaf or hard
of hearing.
If you need to speak to a person, we can answer
your calls from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through
Friday. We ask for your patience during busy
periods since you may experience a higher than
usual rate of busy signals and longer hold times
to speak to us. We look forward to serving you.

"I need to get either a SSA-1099 Form / or a Non SSA-1099 form FOR BOTH my son and daughter? "

As Hackitoff says, there is no "non SSA-1099" form. Your son or daughter wouldn't have an SSA-1099 unless they were receiving Social Security, and in that case, each of them would have received one.

What I have to assume is that you are asking for something else - so why do you want an SSA-1099 or non SSA-1099 for both son and daughter anyway? What are you really looking for?

You only get a SSA-1099 if you receive Social Security or Social Security Disability payments. 

If you get ssi (supplemental security income) It is different than SS.  You don't get a SSA-1099 for ssi and you do not report ssi on your tax return.

Hal_Al
Level 15

If you are receiving SSA survivors benefits and your two children are also receiving benefits, the family will receive three SSA-1099 forms.  You will receive a form, under your SS# and each of your children will receive one with his/hr SS#.  Only your  SSA-1099 will be reported on your tax return. 

Social security payments to children.

If the Social Security (SS) payments, including SS disability, were under the child's SS number (as they usually are), it does not get reported on your return. If it does need to be reported, it would go on his/her individual return. If that was his/her only income, it does not get reported at all. He does not need to file a tax return. 

SS is only taxable & reportable when added to sufficient other income. Social security only  becomes taxable, when his income, including 1/2 his social security, reaches $25,000

Rolf

I stumbled across this thread also looking for a Non SSA-1099 Form as the Commonwealth of Massachusetts requires one for certain identification cards.  I surmise this is also what the original question was about.

It is good to know that I am looking for a nonexistent document.  Now the only problem is getting the Commonwealth to admit that such a document doesn't exist.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

Huh, I see at this Massachusetts websites that the Commonwealth does indeed refer to "Non-SSA-1099 Form".

Perhaps they meant any communication from the Social Security Administration with your SSN on it? This is certainly a clumsy way to say this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
PE9

You are over complicating it.  The state of California requires either an SSA 1099 or a non-SSA (as in not from SSA) - a 1099 from from some other organization.  Like a W2

Ivacaldeton
Returning Member

I need an s s a 1099

Ivacaldeton
Returning Member

How do i get ssa1099

Vanessa A
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax does not have a copy of your SSA-1099. You would need to get the SSA 1099 from the Social Security Office.   You can create an account or you can call them at 1-800-772-1213. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hal_Al
Level 15

The Social Security Administration automatically sends that to you. If you're missing yours, see https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/replacement-SSA-1099.html

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies