Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I use an independent contractor and need to provide them with a form 1099 NEC. Is turbo tax set up to prepare and efile form 1099 NEC?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I use an independent contractor and need to provide them with a form 1099 NEC. Is turbo tax set up to prepare and efile form 1099 NEC?

Do you have a business or are you a homeowner or landlord for a rental property?

If you are a homeowner or a landlord for a rental property you do not need to provide an independent contractor with a Form 1099-NEC.

I have a business and am required to file form 1099NEC for independent contractors. My only question is when will turbo tax turn on efiling for 1099’s. 

We don't know.  They are not due to the IRS until Jan 31.  You can still print out the copies to give to the individuals.  

How to prepare 1099Misc & W2
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/how-do-i-create-w-2-and-1099-forms-in-turbotax/00/25869

You can prepare W2 and 1099NEC & 1099MISC in either the Desktop Home & Business program or the Online Premium version.

For Online Premium:
Sign in to TurboTax.
Select Tax Home from the left menu (you might already be there).
Scroll down and select Your account.
Select Create W-2s and 1099s.
This will log you in to Quick Employer Forms.
Follow the instructions to create forms online for your employees or contractors.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies