turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

4auburn5

How do I download a 1099DIV from TD Ameritrade Institutional

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnH2

The menu path for this is:  Federal Taxes>Wage & Income>I’ll choose what I work on>Interest and Dividends>Dividends on 1099-DIV>Start>Did you receive any dividend income? –“Yes”>Let Us Enter Your 1099-DIV>”Import from my bank or brokerage.” 

After you type in your broker’s name, the program will provide a drop-down box where you can select your broker’s name.  For TD Ameritrade, you will need your account number and the document ID from the upper right corner of your 1099.  You will need to view your 1099 before the import to determine this.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
JohnH2

The menu path for this is:  Federal Taxes>Wage & Income>I’ll choose what I work on>Interest and Dividends>Dividends on 1099-DIV>Start>Did you receive any dividend income? –“Yes”>Let Us Enter Your 1099-DIV>”Import from my bank or brokerage.” 

After you type in your broker’s name, the program will provide a drop-down box where you can select your broker’s name.  For TD Ameritrade, you will need your account number and the document ID from the upper right corner of your 1099.  You will need to view your 1099 before the import to determine this.

TDAmeritrade Institutional in not same as TDAmeritrade.  Uses a different website and user ID.  Has TurboTax integrated with TDAmeritrade Institutional?
4auburn5

I downloaded my 1099-div from TD Ameritrade Institutional with no problem. All you need is your account number and  document ID.

I couldn't download my info from TD Ameritrade Institutional and had to do it all manually.  I hope this is fixed for 2018 returns.

TD Ameritrade might have taken down the download since it’s late in the year.  Or you are logging into your TD account wrong.  You should have checked with them first.

I tried using my account number and doc ID - it didn't recognize me as a client

Call them tomorrow and sort it out.  It is likely too late in the year to import your 1099DIV.  You will need to enter it manually.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I had this problem back in March 2018 when I did my 2017 taxes.  I advised Turbo Tax of the problem and they told me to talk to TD Ameritrade Institutional....who in turn told me to take it up with Turbo Tax.  So, my question is, whose responsibility is it to fix the problem before 2018 tax time?

Any chance your Gainskeeper account UserID Password is different?

A couple years ago, TD folks had to use Gainskeeper to download their TD tax files into TTX, but that could have changed.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you!

TD ameritrade institutional is different website. It is not tdameritrade.com.  But it is advisorclient.com. So who is going to fix it?  Its still not recognizing in 2018.  Hello Turbo Tax!   Could you answer?   Please!

Yes you use the tdameritrade.com link.  But you have to download your 1099 prior to entering into TurboTax. Use the account number as the username and the document number as the password.

Yes Kyle. Worked. Thanks. In stead of username/password, by entering account number/Document number it works.

Need to download income int-div etc for my 019 business software

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies