Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Import not pulling in any stock transactions-Fidelity or Vanguard

Imported 1099's yesterday and there are no stock transactions for either my Fidelity or Vanguard account.  I can see them on the 1099 that each account has published.  Just talked to tech support and they said if the import didn't pull them in, the only option is to manually enter them into Turbotax.  Anyone else have this problem?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

62 Replies
TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@Retired712020 

You may want to check and see if your financial institution or brokerage is a TurboTax 1099 partner.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
GLUA
Level 3

I had the same problem.  Well, not exactly the same.  When I switch back to Turbotax, I'm presented with an error that the 1099B didn't load.  

I know I have less than 10,000 transactions.  I guess I will have to enter the summary.  So much for the benefit of TurboTax importing the information so I don't have to.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review this resource.

I did not receive any errors, just the message that the import was successful.  After reviewing the official answer, I manually entered the transactions.  I never was able to import the Fidelity data.  It's probably time to move the rest of the Fidelity money over to Vanguard.  

GLUA
Level 3

That doesn't help.  I get an error message about 1099

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried a different browser like Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome? Many people have stated using Edge and removing the pop-up blockers has helped. Please let us know if you are successful using a different browser.

@GLUA 

03/02/2023 Same here no ability to import 1099 from Fidelity.  I was on the phone for an hour and finally got a ticket number.  Later got an email with the ticket number canceled.  GREAT SERVICE!  SPENT HOURS ON this today!

GLUA
Level 3

I spent a couple of hours today as well. I would love turbotax had a technical support that you could directly talk to an IT type person.

Pretty discouraging....  tried again this evening "in case"!  Considering a request for a refund as I may just give it to an accountant moving forward.  Importing has always worked before. I agree the person I spoke to had NO CLUE and NO apparent resource.  I was hopeful after they opened a work ticket but later they cancelled it requesting I call back if I continue to have problems.  Seems like no one is knowledgeable or resourceful anymore.  No way can I enter 100's of pages manually.

GLUA
Level 3

If TurboTax doesn't get the import to work, I will enter just the summary information.  I will make a copy of the tip from Turbotax that is what they recommend.

I will ask my Fidelity representative why Fidelity supports such an organization.  

Why does the program not load accounts that don't have 10,000 entries or a 1099B?  Why?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Have you tried to follow the workaround here to import the 1099 from Fidelity? @GLUA 

GLUA
Level 3

I have tried Chrome, Edge, and Firefox.  Popups are allowed.  I'm using the download version.

The import worked several weeks ago when I only had my 1099R.   

It looks like the program aborts when it thinks there is an error in one account.  I don't believe there is an error.  I'm sure my 1099R doesn't have any 1099B errors.

Is there a way to contact technical support?  The folks who know the program and not just those who help with downloading type problems.

There appears to be a flaw in security.  The screen which requests the user name and password does not display if Fidelity is open in another window.  The import then pulls in the data for the account that you are logged in to.  It does not matter whose return you are preparing!!! If Fidelity is closed, then the system hangs up when the user name and password is entered followed by a phone code.  Is there a solution for this problem?  

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@GLUA 

Please check out the FAQ link provided below and take a look at the post made by db9fan, and let us know if this helps to resolve your issue:

Import of Fidelity 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies