Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

E
Level 2

Import not pulling in any stock transactions-Fidelity or Vanguard

I am not sure if that's the solution for you. I have the same issue as yours but it is with Vanguard. I have no issue to import 1099s from Fidelity. Reached out to Turbotax (and Vanguard) with no help/solution from either parties. Very frustrated.

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Please feel free to contact Customer Support again so you can speak with a different TurboTax representative who can assist you.

@E 

2pears

The reason I buy this software is to automatically download large broker statements, which I can no longer do. Turbo Tax's solution to this problem is to hire a third party consultant to prepare Schedule D and Form 8949 so that I can manually enter the information into Turbo Tax.  That makes this software worthless to me.  I've been using TurboTax for more than 10 years, but this will be the last.

GLUA
Level 3

Did you read the full thread?  There is a workaround.  The good folks at TT don't always give the correct answer.

I don't always give the best answer.  I used the workaround and have the imported data on my laptop.

@GLUA, again thanks for your post on Fidelity import work around.  In case the problem is not fixed next year, I tried your solution to see if it worked for me.  The agent and I worked for a long time doing this based on your post leading each other.  Seems your work around is not well published for agents.  Alas I was able to import Fidelity and the dialog for importing was similar to previous years for the desktop version.  It allowed you to choose from a list of all Fidelity tax files which ones you wanted to import. 

Wanted to add this tidbit.  Uploading the previous years return into the new online return did not work as it said the previous year file was corrupted.  The agent indicated the problem could be that the return is password protected and I needed to remove the protection before uploading.  The program just said corrupted instead of giving you a box to enter your password or saying remove your password.  Importing last years return into the desktop version still works with intact password.  It gives you a box to enter it.  I did not try to remove the password for the new online return as I was only interested in seeing if the Fidelity import worked.  I have to assume the agent was correct that the password needed to be removed before it could be uploaded into the online return.

Same f***king problem. First time I've ever experienced this nonsense. Makes Turbo Tax worthless, but can't figure out how to get to a human being in Turbo Tax/Intuit to help.

AGREED! I just can't use TurboTax anymore, even though it has worked for me for years, until now. The product is just a total fail!

GLUA
Level 3

I'm happy that you were able to import.  For me, I really like the previous year's data.  I'm sorry you couldn't get that to work for you.

As frustrating as it is, we may have to live with the issue this year.  I can see an IT manager at TT with a list of things that don't work.  They have to figure out which ones can be fixed without breaking the system. And I'm sure they have a limited number of folks to fix the problem.

I have not heard of any AI products being able to fix a system.

STBFOB

I am using MAC OS with TT Premier CD/Download.  I was able to imported ETrade 1099 B but was not able to import Fidelity.   My work around solution is to log into Fidelity and use TT online version from Fidelity Link; Create new tax form and was able to pull Fidelity 1099 B etc data.  After that I just saved the TT tax form to my desk top and open it with Desk top version.    

hart04901

Open your Fidelity account prior to accessing your tax files using TurboTax; rather than following TurboTax to access Fidelity login itself.  

It immediately downloaded all files.

Good luck.

STBFOB

Tried your suggestion, it still did not work for my case.  Thanks.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If you are still having trouble with this, please reach out to us by phone here. @STBFOB 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dan47
Returning Member

Yes!  Thanks.  I switched to Microsoft Edge and the import worked perfectly.  I was using Brave before.

Bill 6

It won't pull my Fidelity Information. I've disabled dual factor and it still wont work, even though I can see the information when I sign on to Fidelity. I agree, download is a chief reason I use this software, if it won't work, then I'll change vendors.  Bill 6

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

If you are using TurboTax Online, you may want to try a different browser or try clearing out your browser's cache and cookies. Please see How do I delete cookies? and How to clear your cache for more information.   

Please see What if I can't import my 1099? for instructions.  

If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact Customer Support so you can speak with a TurboTax representative who can assist you. 

@Bill 6 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies