Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Depreciation and Amortization Under Construction 2021

I am still getting this notice, but I know that IRS has opened for filing today.  And the IRS forms seem to be released already.  Is anyone else still getting this message?  And if not, can anyone tell me how to overcome this issue.  I have already updated to latest version.  And I also uninstalled and reinstalled.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

67 Replies
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

Form 4562 has become available, as have most of the other forms related to depreciation and amortization.

Here's when forms become available from TurboTax.

It is a good idea to first clear your cache and cookies - which means removing all of the temporary programs that can gum up your web browser.  If that doesn't work, try using a different web browser.

If that doesn't work I would recommend using the "Live Expert" help in the right upper corner to see if having someone walk you through helps.

Here is a link on how to clear your cache and cookies.

Here is a link to finding a TurboTax expert.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm using the download desktop version, so I think cookies do not apply right?

DavidD66
Expert Alumni

No, if you are using TurboTax Desktop the issue would not be cache and cookies.  You may need to update your TurboTax Software.

If you're on a PC, open TurboTax and select Check for Updates from the Online menu near the top. On a Mac, simply quit and reopen TurboTax. If there are any updates, you'll be prompted to download them.

Tips:

• It's best to use a wired, high-speed connection when updating, both to save time and minimize data corruption.
  • If your connection drops in the middle of the update, try again; it should pick up where it left off.
  • If you're having trouble updating on your PC, try a manual update.
wa98
Returning Member

I am using TurboTax Premier 2021 for PC. After entering all my Depreciation and Amortization rental asset information, when I return to that section to check my numbers, I get the dreaded "Under Construction" notice. No matter what I do, TurboTax will not let me go into that section and edit the numbers I already entered previously. I have tried all suggestions in this forum, including updating, uninstalling and reinstalling TurboTax, manually updating, but nothing seems to work. It simply will not let me back into the rental depreciation section. I already spent hours entering all the data, and the forms are definitely available according to this. What else can I do to get my data back? This is so frustrating!

I spoke to a customer service rep on the TurboTax hotline. She said that the depreciation IRS form is not officially released until the first of February. So I'm going to sit tight for a few more days and see if the construction signed gets lifted. 

Carl
Level 15

Thats all we can do is wait. Just because the IRS is opened for filing, and/or just because the printable/paper forms are available, does not mean the IRS has finalized and released the electronic version. On top of that, after they do release the approved electronic version of a form, it's not like they're "instantly" available in any tax reporting software. They may have to be finalized first, then released by the software developer/provider.

I see this practically every year with the depreciation forms. One reason I don't even bother starting my tax return until mid Feb at the earliest.

TakumaHatano
Returning Member

I see same notice as of Feb-19.

It seems to continue "Depreciation and Amortization Under Construction"

Anonymous
Not applicable

I confirm I have the same issue on 2/19. Frustrating. I also need a 1116 form, which is also not available. I am using the online version.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Please see this TurboTax Forms Availability list, which lists March 3, 2022, as the date Form 1116 will be available. You will see a notice within TurboTax that Depreciation is not fully functional until all related forms have been updated.

It may take longer for one form or another to show up in TurboTax for multiple reasons. Our goal is to provide you with the most accurate information possible. As part of this process, we communicate often with the taxing agencies.

[Edited 2/20/2022 | 7:15 am PST]

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, @PatriciaV . I know it is off topic, but 1116 has been pushed back for weeks now. Yes, the current deadline is 3/3 but was 2/17 some time ago. As for the link you provided, it does not show such note as far as I can see, It says all 4562 stuff is available. Do you have an idea about when I could use that form?

Hi ngfg

I called Turbo Tax about my particular problem (only needing 4652) and they cited around Feb 26th.  I'm not sure why why haven't updated their list to reflect this.  But I can wait another week.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes, it appears Form 4562 is available for most depreciable assets. Are you still receiving a review message for this subject? If so, please provide the TurboTax version you are using and where you have assets for depreciation.

Hi @PatriciaV 

Yes.  I'm still receiving this "Under Construction" notice and I only need 4562.  I'm using Home and Business Windows Download version.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

@myracoon

@Anonymous

Although Form 4562 is listed as available, the depreciation section (calculations and reporting) is scheduled to be ready by February 26, 2022. We appreciate your patience.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies