Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Depreciation and Amortization Under Construction 2021

Thank you lenb1. 

I have the download version.  After loading it fresh on a completely different computer, I STILL GET THE "Depreciation and Amortization Under Construction" notice.

So the online version works, but the download doesn't.  Either the Download update is delayed, or there is a BUG in Turbo Tax.  Ay yi yi!  I really need to get my taxes filed.  Arrgh!!!  Is there anyone from TurboTax that can comment on this?

Carl
Level 15

I can only guess you have other computer issues or maybe a bad CD (or bad download if you downloaded the CD installer file), or possibly both. I use the CD version and have 3 rentals. E-filed and accepted about 2 weeks ago with no issues.

If you downloaded the install file from a 3rd party retailer, might want to check with them if a fresh download doesn't help.

If you purchased the CD, there should be instructions somewhere in the package for how to download it directly from TTX without having to pay for it again. The instructions assume you don't have a CD drive. But should still allow you to download a fresh installer.

SOLVED -- Don't import prior year TT info.  Enter EVERYTHING from scratch.  Then the "Under Construction" goes away and it works.  This is a REALLY annoying bug, because we're all led to believe that we're to wait.  So we waited weeks for nothing.    (TT -- you should really fix this bug!!)

Download version of Home and Business.  

nileshdd

Is there any other solution to this? I am stuck on this issue. I already paid the fees and now I am not allowed to clear and start over. I even tried multiple browsers. When I do the federal check, it passes and TurboTax is even letting me e-file. But I know this screen throws this error so I am not sure if form 4562 is included in my filing. 

lenb1
Returning Member

• Don't know about this. Try customer for a solution. I almost did the same thing but decide to clear and restart. Good luck because customer service was not helpful. I did read in a post that a 4562 may not be generated if no new assets were added. Check it out. 
nileshdd

Ok, so I went to the stage where I could see the forms in a PDF and then confirmed that 4562 was indeed included and was the latest one (2021). 

I'm not a tax expert, but if I see 4562 filled in correctly from the generated pdfs I would be inclined to just file.

Saturday 3/5/2022

I have bought home and business CD from Costco. Still see this error message today. I need to file my tax soon. what should I do? Turbo tax please help!

I spoke to a Turbo tax agent today regarding this issue for desktop Home and Business CD version on windows. They created a case number: "[phone number removed]".

Anyone with the similar issue please refer to this case number and update us if you hear anything.

Thank you.

From above:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLVED -- Don't import prior year TT info.  Enter EVERYTHING from scratch.  Then "Under Construction" goes away and it works.  This is a REALLY annoying bug, because we're all led to believe that we're to wait.  So we waited weeks for nothing.    (TT -- you should really fix this bug!!)

Download version of Home and Business.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not a solution for me. I have worked days to enter the data which a part is based on last years return. If I have to start from scratch that will cost me many more days work.

The "solution" provided below is at best a "work around" of a nasty bug in Turbo Tax.

BTW, Turbo tax closed the case I opened without providing any solution or explanation.

We have been long time Turbo tax customers for many years.  Now they pushed us to other tax software.

From above:

SOLVED -- Don't import prior year TT info.  Enter EVERYTHING from scratch.  Then "Under Construction" goes away and it works.  This is a REALLY annoying bug, because we're all led to believe that we're to wait.  So we waited weeks for nothing.    (TT -- you should really fix this bug!!)

George711

It is March 9, 2021....still encountering issues with schedule E and running the depreciation for 2021 and sale of property....when will the fix be ready??? I'm tired of wasting time updating my software and looking to see if it is working??? Help us out?? Thank you.

TakumaHatano
Returning Member

I removed my rental property and start over.

Then, the Under Construction message has disappeared.

I had to re-entry the property and its depreciation though, I was able to wrap up.

That is definitely software bug.  At least a workaround should be informed to users.

George711

I need another way around this fix I have 20 properties on a schedule E and have everything complete except the depreciation and sale activity. Why not an update the software fix? I can’t enter all the past fixed assets for each property….I already spent about two weeks on this return…I need the past fixed assests to carry forward. Please advise.

It is now March 10, 2021, and counting!  My software still says the Depreciation and Amortization Form is under construction.  April 15 is just around the corner. . .

We all now know that the Form is not under construction and that it is readily available - we just can't use TurboTax to do our taxes if you need the Form in your Turbotax software.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies