Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

SGhosh

Depreciation and Amortization Under Construction 2021

I suggest do not depend on TurboTax if you have rental property. Their software is in a mess 

get a CPA to do do your taxes for year 2022

I have also been waiting for this to be fixed now for over a week.. When can we expect this to be ready?  Turbo Tax had this problem last year..  NO Turbo Tax is not waiting on the IRS... it is ready according to their site.  I've been with Turbo Tax since 2008 if not before... this is the first time I have had any type of problem.. disappointed to say the least..  spending time chasing down a fix has become time consuming! it's March 20th, I need to finish my taxes!

March 25, 2022

update: 

I worked with TT advisor for over 5 hours Monday, March 21st, great person, she tried everything as someone had posted, uninstall , reinstall, upgrade to Home & Business... cleared cookies, checked computer updates..  along with a patch.... In the end, TT has an issue, their tech department will need to find a FIX for this issue. As disgruntled as I am, I did attempt to open a dummy tax file and it does work if you do not bring your last year's figures forward.   But I chose to go back in my file, went down to the sale of business property and showed the sale of my rental there, but do not know if the sale will connect to the same rental property that was already in TT.. Just waiting... or  try a different tax software...  ugh! 

Thank you, I have already entered it all, but I will prepare a new file and see if it will allow me to finish without using last years file. 

Thank you.

not happy with turbo tax this year! 

Today is March 20, 2022.  I have home and business turbo tax desktop.  I STILL get the problem stating Depreciation and Amortization Under Construction 2021.  This appears in self employment , rental properties and home property areas for me.  I've used TT since 1998 faithfully and this is the first year of a problem.  I spent 1 hour on the phone yesterday  with TT support.  They couldn't help me then said to call this morning (3/20/22) to reach technical support (which was close late yesterday).  I did.  It is now 3 hours and counting and I have yet to reach technical support.  The reps have not figured it out.  Uninstall, Install, hardwire internet connection, change Windows Defender Firewall settings, start a new (fake) tax form, pull up and try to amend a prior year form (even though it isn't needed), clear cache and cookies (despite this being a desktop, checking that my windows is updated, try it on my other laptop.  Grrr!  

TURBO TAX - you need to send an update TODAY to fix this problem for everyone.

Hi RJ.  I also have the home in business desktop version. From late January, TurboTax has been telling me to wait because it's the IRS's issue, and then they told me to wait because they had to catch up, and they're still telling you to wait. I gave up about 6 wks ago and started a fresh return on TurboTax entering all of my data from scratch and was able to complete and file my return. 10 rental homes and a small schedule C as well. Took me 5 hours, but it was so worth it.  Several other people on this thread started their return from scratch and succeeded with filing as well.  Just something to consider to get through this year's return.  

Thanks for the tip.  TT has added my case to the issue and will update me.  I "really" appreciate the tip.  Will try it.

I have the IDENTICAL issues.  TURBOTAX FIX THIS!

after numerous calls to TT, only to be told that if I wanted to speak to support I would need to pay $100 for LIVE support ... this from their automated phone system.

This is a Tech problem, TT's issue, I should not be required to pay for an bug in their software.

Either way, they obviously have not fixed their problem... Question is..., how do I finish my taxes?! 

I have spoken with support once, they came in on my computer and could not fix the issue... I was told to Wait until Tuesday or Thursday after her meeting with them??!  So, waiting until March 22 - March 24th! 2021...  

After 14 years with TT, I am very disappointed with them and the way they have handled this! 

They had this problem last year, but not with Premier, that I am aware of... 

Does anyone know a good attorney.  We have been pushed in circles on this form 4562.  Still have no fix.  I see no one else has either.  Support is terrible.  Been on phone several times.  I was sent patch that didn't work and also sent with link to this page to solve issues.  Last phone call the support representative stated they would check out issue and asked if I would wait on hold.  After 30 minutes of being on hold, phone went to busy signal.  Intuit is not solving this problem.  We all have paid for a reliable product and they are not supporting it.  There should be a class act law suit against this company.  Never had problems with them over the years and now this software has major issues and no one is willing to give proper support.  I've spent at least 20 hours unloading firewalls etc., reloading software, and nothing works.  Also, all the phone calls, with no real support.  They are anxious to get you off the phone and send email with problem solved.  This is really a bad joke this year. 

It's 03/23/22, only 3 weeks before the IRS deadline and I'm getting this message. Starting from scratch is not an option for me. I've used TurboTax Premier for at least 20 years and was counting on it for this tax return. There's gotta be a solution. I've tried updates and even a manual update, but nothing has worked. It's simply unacceptable!

I might have bad bad news for everyone:  I have just spent over 5 hours (yes, you read that right over FIVE) with three levels of TurboTax tech support continuously, after spending another 45 minutes three days ago.  We did everything from the mundane patch installation, reboot, firewall check (I have none), install on a different laptop etc. to the more intense, like fresh installs of two different versions of Turbotax (Home & Business, Premier - all desktop) ...

In the end NOTHING worked.  We get the bedeviled "Under Construction" screen, no matter whether we try to access the area via the Home Office step-by-step or the Rental Real Estate step-by-step.  Trying to get around it by using "Form view" also does not work as fields that would need to be filled or changed are simply not editable as they usually would.

In the end, the third level superviser told my agent that "its been a long time issue, we are trying to fix it, there is nothing we can do right now". -

You can imagine that I got a bit upset, telling them that that is not as satisfactory answer, when less than a month before the deadline, after having flagged this and contacted them SINCE FEBRUARY and only getting "please wait" messages.  Their answer:  They simply HUNG UP on me - at 12:14am!

One more important point: As part of the whole exercise, I did start a dummy "NEW return", WITHOUT any previous year data import.  It DID then allow me to work step-by-step through the Amort. & Deprec. section BUT it did NOT allow me to manually enter / edit the forms / worksheets (4562 / 8829 / etc.) as needed to enter historical data (prior depreciation, depreciation methods, etc.) as is required when you can't import historical data.

Very, very sad state of affairs for a company that claims they "guarantee" to get you the best return on their front page!

This is so unacceptable! I've been using TT for about 20 years, mostly because my brother has rental property. 

Is Intuit offering refunds on the purchases of the TT product this year?

What a disgrace!

Same issue for me, fast approaching 2 weeks before filing day.  I had a very competent support person today - the first one I've encountered in frontline support since this horror started for me in early March (his badge said he's a 34 year veteran and he certainly behaved that way).  I use the online Premium version and I have two overseas rentals.  Form 1116 worked fine (to claim back taxes paid overseas) but I'm stuck where everyone else is on the above issue.

Anyway he concluded that it's a TT issue (which we might describe as a bug?) and that I should hear from someone in the next day or two because it's been escalated.  He got to this conclusion quickly, without any pointlessly referring me to help documents or other nonsense.  He was excellent and gave me some confidence, saying "we'll get your taxes done for you" and told me he knows it works fine for other folks.  He did ask that I send the diagnostic copy of my 2021 return, which I also took as a positive.

But now of course this nice competent fella is gone back to the ether, and I'm at their mercy.  Slightly concerning is that I got no ticket number nor did any confirmatory email that a ticket is now open for my case.

Will post to this thread if/when I hear more. 

I had no new Assets in 2021, so I reviewed the Schedule E Worksheet for Depreciation for 2020 and for 2021. I found that there were 5 Assets that needed to be "Fixed" on the 2021 return. I used the over-ride function on the form itself and successfully updated the data & completed my return. I still can't believe Intuit and TT can't get this issue resolved. Next year, I will seriously consider an alternative.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies