turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Program Updates

Their level of concern is pretty clear - and pretty low.  On the other hand, their opinion of themselves is rapidly approaching the level of arrogance.

Even Microsoft, a company not known for being humble, provides details on almost all their updates.  TurboTax is not the only game in town and I hope they figure that out in the immediate future.

Program Updates

There is NO EXCUSE for this -
https://ttlc.intuit.com/articles/4784576

The worlds most popular Tax Program, and this is what we get ???

Amazing. CRITICAL FORM AND PROGRAM UPDATES. And I can't find out WHAT forms were CRITICAL (After I filed electronically).

😡

Program Updates

This question was answered three weeks ago by "CHAMP Kat Level 14:"

Although many users are unhappy about it, TurboTax will no longer be publishing Release Notes as they have in the past.  The "More Details" link should have been removed some time ago.  This decision was made by the higher-ups in Intuit.  

I spoke with technical support and they are now aware the link is still appearing.

Program Updates

The suggested link returns "Access Denied".  

KurtL1
Expert Alumni

Program Updates

TurboTax is not providing the details of the Updates in 2019.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Program Updates

For KurtL1 Employee Tax Expert:

Yes, we know and we're are very displeased with this bit of arrogance on Intuit's part.  So much so that customers will not be providing money to Intuit come time for the 2020 taxes.

We are also very displeased that Intuit is using us as beta testers because it will not tell us, or provide the information to decide for ourselves if a program or tax form change might impact our already filed returns.  Other "experts" have stated, "The IRS will contact you if there is a problem with your return".

What happened to the company that actually respected its customers? When was it replaced with one so arrogant it treats its customers as cash cows who are too stupid to want update information and too naive to know that Turbo Tax is not the only product in the category?  NB:  It is oh so very wrong on both counts.

Program Updates

With so many critical (but unknown) updates, is it safe to submit my tax returns early?  When will these continuous updates  stop?  I am expecting a refund.   Do I have to wait until July 15, 2020 to get the TurboTax version that will provide a correct tax return?

As a related question: How can I open my old tax returns without TurboTax forcing me to install updates for the previous year?

Program Updates

I've have been told by at least two customer service reps that Intuit's answer is file and, if there is a problem, the IRS will be in touch.   Yes, this is really why this is such a hot button topic.

Might as well file when you're ready and try not to get cramps in your fingers from keeping them crossed.  😁

Program Updates

I do not know why so many updates, maybe they refers to particular tax situations.

I have used TT for more than 14 years, a single  edition was excellent, but I had never any problem with taxes; It was once when I did some identity mistakes myself.

What is frustrating , but maybe is a good sign is that TT does not inform us anymore what was the content of the update. Maybe they say that they updated, but in reality there is no real update.

Go ahead and file the taxes, and learn exactly what 15th of July means, if you owe money to IRS. I always did my taxes on October 15th, but I take care to send the check by April 15th if I owe any money. They could update it until October 15th.

Program Updates

Dear "Employee Tax Export":

If you discount arrogance and complete disregard for its customers, I can only imagine one other reason why Intuit would stop providing release notes for program and forms updates.

It is trying to increase purchases of audit defense by customers who are concerned about Intuit making program and form updates, the details of which it refuses to share with the people who buy its product and using the IRS as its qualify control.

Come to think of it, this is even more cold-blooded than arrogance. 

Program Updates

It could be, but I used to pay for Defense audit, because usually I do not have time to meet with the IRS employee. Otherwise, being a not social distant person, 🙂 I like to meet and talk with people, (IRS included) because this is the way I know the local american citizens: friendly, kind, polite, eager to help, with a very good sense of humor. And it happened that my culture to fit in this local culture. If I wanted other cultures, of course I would have asked for another citizenship :), and another tax system :).

Regarding the updates, I gave up to ask for answers, when I learned that in other cultures it is an insult for the teacher if the student ask a question. 🙂  Maybe the newcomers will be educated in the american culture, when they cross the wall.:)

Program Updates

The only reason I can think of for not revealing what updates contain is to avoid legal liability issues.  This practice will presumably make it more difficulty to point the finger clearly at Intuit for TurboTax errors which they fix after we file.

If it is anything like this, it is time to find another tax program.

Does anyone have any other speculations as to what Intuit's motive might be?

Program Updates

I am busy now to speculate about Corona virus:). For example, will TT (and others like them) will survive after corona virus ?

Program Updates

Other cultures, other customs, as you say.  However, this is American culture and our customs.  And a company that wants to stay in business does so by providing a product customers want and not making them angry.

If Intuit feels insulted when its customers want to know what was changed in the program they pay for,  Intuit is the one who should move to another place where the people are "better mannered" or too cowed to demand answers.

Program Updates

I fully agree. In the last 20 years, I have seen a big change in the attitudes towards the customers, mainly here in California. We are treated disrespectful ,

by the big Corp, utilities,  moving companies, and I felt more and more their hands in our pockets. Imagine that my Dell computer  came with the hdd hanging from the connector wires, no screw mounted, and they explained that it happened because of the long distance. It was unbelievable.  Aso.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies