Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Why isn't Form 4835 available or "ready" in Turbo Tax

According to this Turbo Tax link, it will be available 02/25. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Blaming Form 4835 not being ready on the IRS is lame.  I have been using TurboTax for many years but will probably use TaxAct or TaxSlayer next year since they don't seem to have this issue with Form 4835 and they also cost less than TurboTax.

@ghperry55 wrote:

Blaming Form 4835 not being ready on the IRS is lame.  I have been using TurboTax for many years but will probably use TaxAct or TaxSlayer next year since they don't seem to have this issue with Form 4835 and they also cost less than TurboTax.

The Form 4835 was only recently finalized by the IRS for tax year 2020.  It takes awhile after the IRS finalizes a form or schedule before it can be incorporated into the tax preparation software.  The IRS has to approve all forms, schedules and calculations in the software before it can be released to the public.

IRS Form 4835, Farm Rental Income and Expenses is schedule to be available in TurboTax on 02/25/2021

wolford2004
Returning Member

Thanks for all the comments.  Yes the Sch F is for farmers however there are reasons that farmers use the 4835 in addition to the Sch F (trying to get the next generation into farming, etc.).  Hopefully the Feb 25 or 26 will come through.  If not, guess I will use an extension.

Yes I have the same problem.  Everything can't be blamed on Covid-19.  Get to work Turbotax or you will loose the turbo part of your name and this 30 year loyal customer.

@grwright123 wrote:

Yes I have the same problem.  Everything can't be blamed on Covid-19.  Get to work Turbotax or you will loose the turbo part of your name and this 30 year loyal customer.

Form 4835, Farm Rental Income and Expenses is scheduled to be available on 02/25/2021

I have been a loyal customer for over 30 years.  Have paid too much to have this delay.  Everything can not be blamed on covid when this is a Turbotax problem. Seems like you will lose the Turbo part of your name and my loyalty

Dbhefty

When I go to the IRS website, the form is available.

Why is it "not available" on TurboTax?  I am ready to submit as soon as this form is complete.

@Dbhefty wrote:

When I go to the IRS website, the form is available.

Why is it "not available" on TurboTax?  I am ready to submit as soon as this form is complete.

The IRS has to approve all forms, schedules and calculations in the TurboTax software before it can be released to the public.

IRS Form 4835, Farm Rental Income and Expenses is schedule to be available in TurboTax on 02/25/2021

Thanks for the link.  Glad it's not the 4th--I would have hated to pay the extra $5 added to the $20 charge for efiling my state return!

hospcfo

Declining customer service everywhere.....I moved to TurboTax this year after many years using HRBlock.  HRB has all the same functionality but costs less than TurboTax.  However this year I was unable to import 1099's into HRB for some unknown reason.  Customer Service at HRB just wanted to blame the bank rather than research and solve THEIR problem.  Switched to Turbo, import worked seamlessly but now I'm delayed like others due to Form 4835....the form is available at IRS and at other vendors so it's just a delay on Turbo's side and they are taking way too long to address......like others have commented may have to look at other vendors going forward.

@hospcfo wrote:

Declining customer service everywhere.....I moved to TurboTax this year after many years using HRBlock.  HRB has all the same functionality but costs less than TurboTax.  However this year I was unable to import 1099's into HRB for some unknown reason.  Customer Service at HRB just wanted to blame the bank rather than research and solve THEIR problem.  Switched to Turbo, import worked seamlessly but now I'm delayed like others due to Form 4835....the form is available at IRS and at other vendors so it's just a delay on Turbo's side and they are taking way too long to address......like others have commented may have to look at other vendors going forward.

Form 4835, Farm Rental Income and Expenses is scheduled to be available on 02/25/2021

Go to this website for IRS forms availability - https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

IS THERE ANY WAY that date of Feb 25 can be EXPEDITED as we urged to file via e-File and NOT by mail as it will take months.  This is extremely frustrating--have found I have some important business/family events going on starting Feb 25 so not only is this affecting our business but our regular life in general.

PLEASE check again as to whether this can be updated a few days.

@lampwalk wrote:

IS THERE ANY WAY that date of Feb 25 can be EXPEDITED as we urged to file via e-File and NOT by mail as it will take months.  This is extremely frustrating--have found I have some important business/family events going on starting Feb 25 so not only is this affecting our business but our regular life in general.

PLEASE check again as to whether this can be updated a few days.

Form 4835, Farm Rental Income and Expenses will be available for e-filing on 02/25/2021

The 3/1 filing date for farmers has only to do with avoiding under payment penalties ... the regular filing date still applies and extensions are also allowed :

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/estimated-tax/farmers-fishermen/farmers-fishermen#:~:text=If%20you're%20a%2....

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies