Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Message about changes to Form 3800 not being finished

While doing my Business return for 2023 (S corp) TT gave message that IRS was still working on changes to something to do with Form 3800 but I could continue working on the return. So I finished it all up and am now at the Efile screen.

I have no idea if this change affects my return or not. Should I not file yet? My business had a loss. I want to move on to my personal return and get this all done. But if that will cause the need for amending later, I will wait. When are these new IRS calculations going to be in TT?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

According to the forms availability table, Form 3800 (General Business Credit) for S-Corps will be ready on February 16. It's best if you wait to run review again and try e-filing after that date.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

43 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

According to the forms availability table, Form 3800 (General Business Credit) for S-Corps will be ready on February 16. It's best if you wait to run review again and try e-filing after that date.

Darn. I filed right before you replied. I guess I can run through the return again after that date and see if anything changes on the return.

Thank you for the reply!

Edit: To clarify, my business return did finish and TT E-filed it. It did produce k-1s. As of last week however I have not been able to finish the personal return and list my k-1s. I haven't received any email from TT that its ready yet either.

Mine has the same message but it says form

Form 3800 won't be available until 2/28/2024. Did this get pushed back. Do I need to contact the IRS for clarity. 

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can always check the forms availability table.

@CatinaT1  That lists shows available but TT not allowing us to go forward with that form.

They have an option to submit your email and get notified when its ready. I did that so I don't keep wasting time trying to go through return and file again only to get that same message I've been getting for weeks.

I did a quick look at the IRS draft version online. In my case it looks like TT is loading it up for carry over tax credits that may be used this year under this form. ( written off sooner)

This form looks like an IRS hold up , not a TT hold up.

I went onto the form availability page. It shows it's available. On Turbo Tax it says it's not available but will be 2-16-24. That is today. On this question thread I see it may not be available until 2-28-24. Im filing my 1065 Partnership returns

I checked the Turbotax availability and it updated to say 2/28, yet the EV tax credit that's on this form had been ready since the 14th, because they made a change to one of the parts of form 3800, everyone who needs to file 3800 has to wait, even though your business has nothing to do with the changes. I can either wait or take the credit off and ammend it later.

@CatinaT1 Hi there! 

I'm also filing a 1065 Partnership and I'm stuck at Form 3800. I went onto the form availability page (https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_fed_windows_partne...) and it shows the form is available. On Turbo Tax desktop screen it says it will be ready 2/16/24, which is today. However when I went to update the software, it says I'm up to date. Nothing has changed. The same message appears. Please advise.

I talked to someone at turbo tax and the confirmed that because there was a change in the 2022 tax carry over, that all the other parts of 3800 is being held up as well. So just because your business doesn't have carry over, if you're claiming any credit on that 3800 form it has been pushed back to the 28th

https://www.wolterskluwer.com/en/expert-insights/draft-form-3800-general-business-credit-features-ma...

June YW
Returning Member

It is now 22:00 EST on Feb 16, 2024, Turbotax still states that Form 3800 is not available. 

Same here. I'm stuck on this part of the form, the Turbotax website says that the forms are available, I've updated the software, and I still get this error. 

June YW
Returning Member

Thank you for confirming. How do I initiate a new question? I am new to this. Thanks

Find the draft form on IRS site.

See if you even need it, only a few people will.

If not, delete form.

To make a new post , scroll way down to where the button shows up.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies