Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Manually Update TurboTax Business 2020 for Windows Software

Annotation 2021-02-21 112028.jpg

TT updated today!  Yeah!

And still the same error.

Bah.

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Could you use the FAQ link provided below and let us know if this helps you:

Manually Update TurboTax Business Software

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tried that link (3) times with customer support.  Does not work, I had assumed this had already been reported via customer support.

Also tried the link that led to the previous file before TT mounted the current file.

So far we've checked that:

Windows 10 is fully updated

Firewalls are off

Services except for Microsoft necessary have been disabled

Uninstalled the program and reinstalled several times

Installed the program on to a different PC and same issues occurred

Used the TTStateClenup_TY19 tool and then re-downloaded the state forms.  No change.

I appreciate your communication. I have downloaded this update multiple times and still got the same message of needing an update. I also switched to a different computer with no better results. Now, I am getting the error message "Fatal error" can't install the download. I tried turning off my security system briefly as was suggested, but that did not help. I am giving up and requesting a waiver to file in WI by mailing in my return.
I worked with a helpful person on Saturday for 2 1/2 hours and ended up stuck. At some point in this process I was able to send in my federal taxes. It is just the WI ones that are stuck. I am giving up.

This is so retarded. The manual update page still just shows R15.1 as the latest update for Turbotax 2020. (https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-soft[product ke...)

But the latest is R17 ;;

http://patchdelivery.turbotax.intuit.com/w_perrelsuperpatch_ttax_* * 2020 * * .170 * * .0100 * *.exe

Remove * and spaces leave the periods.

I found the link on another thread.

Anyway, i ran Ttax 2020 and told it to check for updates, and found nothing. Yet, it says Form 1040, this has not been approved for release at this time. You must obtain an update..

I ran the patch, and it claims that Turbotax 2020 is not installed. Yippie. Guess i'll wait a few more weeks for the in-app updater to find the necessary updates.

R18 is out; http://patchdelivery.turbotax.intuit.com/w_perrelsuperpatch_ttax_2020 blah180 blah 0100.exe

replace blahs with periods

Ran that exe and received.

Screenshot 2021-02-24 115747.jpg

How do you appeal for a mail submission of business taxes in Wisconsin?  It's been over 2 weeks of this... expletive.

This thread might be getting confused.  There is the Business program and the Personal programs (which includes Home & Business).  Business and Personal are separate and have separate updates.  So be sure you are downloading the right one.

Manual Update for the Business program (looks like only is to #17)

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-business-software/00/25794 

Manual Updates for the Windows Personal versions.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-... 

Yes, sorry, I looked at thread title and realized the thread is about business, not personal editions.

I posted it because the page that is supposed to list the latest update for personal is not updating, still stuck at r15.1 when latest is R18.0. Carry on sorry again

I don't know why, but I was able to submit my WI tax form today. I tried again. There was an update (dated 2/24, I think) and it worked without an error message. Then I was able to submit my file. I hope you also have some success!

dwalker_fl
Returning Member

@EbonyA  - Thanks for the reply.  I finally got it to update, but had to completely uninstall McAfee to make it work.

When I tried the link above to manually update my 2021 Turbo Tax Deluxe CD version I got the following error message.

XML Parsing Error: no root element found
Location: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-soft[product%20...
Line Number 1, Column 1:

I am having trouble with Turbo Tax Deluxe not able to process K-3 that is attached to my K-1.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

To clarify: Please use this resource to find the most recent update link: 

Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies