turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to add my expenses for my business but I can't seem to find a list to choose from. I downloaded the suggested full list of expenses but am unable to select.

I am in the income and expenses area of self employed information
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I am trying to add my expenses for my business but I can't seem to find a list to choose from. I downloaded the suggested full list of expenses but am unable to select.

You are asking from TT Live, for which you paid extra. Please contact a rep.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live
Live help is available M-F during normal business hours after tax season.

Are these expenses from a business you own or expenses you were not reimbursed for?

If you own the company most likely it will be filed on a Schedule C with the 1040

If it is an LLC or LLP with more than one owner (not related) it will be a 1065 which you will get a k-1 from

If S Corp an 1120S is filed and k-1 from company

If it is expenses for job but you were not reimbursed it is deductible but only if you itemize deduction

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies