Where do I enter my self-employment business expen... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

English Français
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
,Created with Sketch.197 helpful votes

Where do I enter my self-employment business expenses, like home office, vehicle mileage, and supplies?

To enter your home office, vehicle mileage, supplies, and other common business expenses:

  1. Type Schedule C in the Search box.
  2. Select the Jump to link.
    • If this is your first time working in this section: You’ll be asked some questions about your self-employment work and income and then have a chance to enter your expenses.
    • If  you have already entered some information about your self-employment work:
      • Select Edit next to your business and confirm your general business info if asked.
      • Select Add expenses for this work.
  3. Select an expense type that you had.
  4. Enter your expense description and amount. (We may ask you some additional questions for certain types of expenses.)
  5. If you had more than one expense for a type, select Add another row to include them all.
  6. If you have additional expenses of other types, repeat steps 3 through 5 above to add more.

If you use TurboTax CD/Download Home Business follow these instructions to enter your expenses.

Additional Information

Remember to enter 1099-MISC, 1099-K, cash, and personal check income from your self-employment.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in