To enter your home office, vehicle mileage, supplies, and other common business expenses:
- Type Schedule C in the Search box.
- Select the Jump to link.
- If this is your first time working in this section: You’ll be asked some questions about your self-employment work and income and then have a chance to enter your expenses.
- If you have already entered some information about your self-employment work:
- Select Edit next to your business and confirm your general business info if asked.
- Select Add expenses for this work.
- Select an expense type that you had.
- Enter your expense description and amount. (We may ask you some additional questions for certain types of expenses.)
- If you had more than one expense for a type, select Add another row to include them all.
- If you have additional expenses of other types, repeat steps 3 through 5 above to add more.
If you use TurboTax CD/Download Home Business follow these instructions to enter your expenses.