I have to mail in my 1040, do I need to send in the worksheets and schedules? Schedule A/C form 8949, etc

Anything that is labeled as a "worksheet" should not be submitted to the IRS or your state.

You will submit any pages that have Form xxxx (this will be a number) or Schedule x (this will be a letter) at the top of the page.

Please make sure that you sign your 1040 at the bottom of page 2 and attach any documents that support taxes withheld (such as W-2s and 1099-Rs).

You need to send in everything so they can check how you arrived at your figures