turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I get my license number and expiration date off my last year tax form lost my wallet

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies
LeeM

How can I get my license number and expiration date off my last year tax form lost my wallet

You can just leave that information blank. 

Providing this info is not required to file your taxes. However, in some states, omitting this info may delay the processing of your return.

In an effort to help protect your identity and fight tax fraud, the IRS and many state tax offices are now asking that tax filers provide their driver’s license or state issued ID number.

I need to obtain the expiration date. I lost my license

That information is not on your tax return.  If you have lost your driver's license then go to the Department of Motor Vehicles and do what it takes to obtain a new license.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Im trying to get my license by mail cause mine was lost and its asking for the expiration date can you please help me 

@TurbevilleC Sorry. That information is not on your tax return. TurboTax does not know the expiration date of your drivers license. 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
lmccoy727

How do I get expiration and issue date from last driver license

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

It is only used to e-file the return and is not part of the return, therefore it is not printed anywhere on the return. 

"Critter Level 15"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Mzanna33

I need it to do taxes this year

Mzanna33

I need my  license and the expiration date

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@Mzanna33 TurboTax does not maintain records of your license information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rudyperez
Returning Member

can you email me 2020 Turbo Tax license #   or code# 

Access your downloads here

@rudyperez 

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/commerce/account/secure/login.jsp?pagecontext=download

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/activating-turbotax-cd-download-software/00/852971

To find your license code:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-can-t-find-my-license-code/01/852973

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/my-code-doesn-t-work/01/871966

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies