JMac0100

Will I be refunded the e-filing state return fee? I'm still not able to efile due with turbo's system! And Turbo has deducted the fee from my bank account! WTH?!

I've googled to see if maybe I may have been doing something incorrectly, but I've since learnt this appears to be a widespread issue with turbo and the different states efiling. Hence, the state I am attempting to efile, does indeed accept efile. Its like on a loop, I enter my personal ID info, hit enter answer a few questions and hit File. But then its back to enter my personal ID info... I cant win. I've accepted Im a late state filer at this point. I'm going to need that efile refund back to pay the late fee interest I owe to the state now. Never can get a call back when convenient for me from turbo/intuit (yes, i do work) and have a schedule. Why there isnt a customer service hot line to assist us who pay this extra service fee? One would think there would be, and not the auto reply computer who is unable to assist with any real thought as to what I am putting in to word expression to emphasize with the customer. So, hey there! Over here! Requesting refund for services i have not received!

If you are using online TurboTax your fee is the same whether you e-file or print, sign and mail the return.   The fee for online TurboTax is for using the software to prepare your tax return---there is not an extra fee to e-file it.  

You are not charged a penalty by the IRS or your state if you are getting a refund or if you do not owe tax due.   If you owe tax due you were supposed to pay by May 17, 2021, so in that case your penalties and interest began on the filing deadline.

If you use the CD/download software, then there is a $25 e-filing fee to e-file a state return.   You can avoid that fee by mailing the state return instead of e-filing the state.  If you paid to e-file a state return using the desktop (CD/download) software you can talk to customer support about getting a refund for that $25 fee.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

And....you cannot e-file a state return unless the federal return was also e-filed and accepted by the IRS.  If you filed federal by mail you cannot e-file the state return.

GeorgeDenseff

When you software is in a loop like you described it is because of old browsing data in your browser. 

Use the Chrome browser, click three dots in top right corner, Settings, Privacy and Security, Clear browsing data.  Make sure the time range is All Time.  Click Clear Data.

Then sign into TurboTax and e-file.  

Online TurboTax has no charge for e-file.  It is free with a federal or state return so there is nothing to refund if you have to mail the return.