turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

smcrank93

Why wasn’t I approved for a turbo tax refund advance?

I had a preapproval for $2000 and didn’t get a denial until after my taxes were filed.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

About the Refund Advance application process

While completing your taxes with TurboTax®, you may have the opportunity to apply for Refund Advance provided by First Century Bank, N.A. Member FDIC1 on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC.

You may have the opportunity to apply for Refund Advance when you choose your refund method. If approved, the Refund Advance will be disbursed on a Turbo Visa Debit Card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC (First Century Bank, N.A. is not affiliated with Intuit or Green Dot Bank).

Refund Advance is a loan based upon your anticipated refund and is not the refund itself. To apply for Refund Advance, you must e-file your taxes with TurboTax and select Refund Advance on a Turbo Visa Debit Card for your disbursement method. Availability of the Refund Advance is subject to satisfaction of identity verification, certain security requirements, eligibility criteria, and underwriting standards.1

You will be able to select Refund Advance in the Your refund info step of the File section. Here's an example of what you'll see if you have the opportunity to apply for a Refund Advance.

You must completely fill out your tax return, including entering your tax forms (like a W2 or a 1099), before you can apply for Refund Advance.

If you have already filed your taxes, you cannot apply for Refund Advance.

How do I know if I'm eligible for Refund Advance?

You will not be eligible for the offer if:

• Your physical address is located outside of the United States or is in a U.S. territory, is a PO box, or is located in a prison.
  • Your physical address or the tax returns you are filing is in Illinois, North Carolina, or Vermont.
  • You are less than 18 years old.
  • The tax return is on behalf of a deceased person.
  • You are filing certain IRS forms.
  • Your expected federal refund amount is less than $500.
  • You are using any of our tax products where a professional is completing your taxes.
  • You are not approved by Green Dot Bank to receive a Turbo Visa Debit Card.1

Why wasn't I approved for a Refund Advance?

Unfortunately, you did not meet the qualification criteria for the Refund Advance. First Century Bank NA will send you an email explaining why you weren’t eligible for the Refund Advance.

If you didn't pre-qualify for Refund Advance, it may be because:

• Your federal refund was not $500 or more.
  • You did not agree to all the Refund Advance terms and conditions.
  • You owed the U.S. Government or your State.
  • You had debt enforced by a State such as, but not limited to, child support obligations, past student loans, tax liens, and any other payments owed to a Federal or State agency.
  • You did not pass the lender’s final evaluation. Subject to review of third-party information.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Dru9090
Returning Member

I want to get a refund advance

@Dru9090 wrote:

I want to get a refund advance

The TurboTax tax refund advance was discontinued after 02/15/2021

Dru9090
Returning Member

So ho can I get one refund advance

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

The refund advance program is no longer available. Please see this for more information: https://turbotax.intuit.com/refund-advance/

@Dru9090

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies