turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why hasnt my taxes been accepted?

@DONNAK you can ask a question I did figure that much out. Go to contact us, and it has you type in a question. Type in why wasn't my return transmitted and it says it can't find any answer or doesn't have one, sonyou type in your name number and email. The next screen give you a phone number and almost like a confirmation number.

I filed mine feb. 1st    here it is the 10th an i got emails from turbo tax within a few hours on the 1st saying my taxes were accepted for federal and state but yet the IRS is not showing they have any record of my fileing       anybody else having this issue ?????

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

• You might receive this message because:
  • Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
  • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.

Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Jeffyerbic I would call. If it's not in where's my refund within 24 hours of acceptance, they should be able to provide you with something. Maybe you were missing a form or schedule and you're in error resolution.

I have emails from turbo tax stating IRS excepted my efile  but the IRS site does not acknowledge it and its been 10 days   plus you cant actualy talk to someone unless you wanna pay  

@Jeffyerbic that's definitely not true since I get refund calls all the time. Don't choose refund inquiry because you'll get automated. Something along the lines of individual accounts, all other options, all other options, and don't put your ssn in when it asks. You can actually google how to talk to a person at the IRS, and they're open 7a-7p M-F your local time.

Federal is ask if for a ip pin 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Startyureng  Can you provide more detail about the exact issue you are experiencing?

Gbinion00

I am also having this problem and That’s why I’m here looking for answers ! 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

You can call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 and follow the prompts for a live representative. The person that you speak with will have direct access to your tax return and be able to provide you with a status update. 

Last year I tried to apply using your company but my application always got denied which is i don't know what the reason because everytime I filed in other company they they always accept it. Last week I tried to apply and it got denied again. So i'm hoping that some agent should email me to help in this situation.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Just to clarify, when you state that your application was denied, do you mean that the IRS has rejected your return?

The email that you received should have included a rejection code that let you know why your return was rejected. Please click the link and follow the instructions to fix your rejected return. https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901491-how-do-i-fix-a-rejected-return  

Carlostorres94
Returning Member

I need help I file my tax Sunday with my wife  in haven't been approved can somebody help me how long do it takes 😔

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

It can take anywhere from a few days to three weeks to go from acceptance to approval, although some returns take more time to review.  Returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit will be issued in late February.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

I am having the same issue.  Has anyones taxes from a week ago been accepted yet?  Just wondering how long to wait.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies