turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why hasnt my taxes been accepted?

I filed with turbotax on saturday and still have yet to be accepted. I have never had this problem.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

81 Replies
kkcowan5

I am having the same problem. I filed Friday and mines haven't been accepted. Have never had that issue either. 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

It can take several days before your return is "accepted" by the IRS. For more information, visit: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
501D3130N

YES I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE I FILED MY TAXES ON JANUARY 31ST AND A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER I FILED MY SONS AND HIS GOT ACCEPTED THAT SAME DAY AS OF MINE STILL SHOW PENDING STATUS AND LIKE YOU I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM EITHER.. I JUST DID MY SISTERS AND HERS ALREADY GOT ACCEPTED AND I JUST FILED THEM. SMH WHATS GOING ON?

I filed on feb 1st still pending as of today.  Never took this long wondering if they were even transmitted 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

this link does not give ANY information why the transmission would not go through. that link only says what happens once it's received, which everyone is asking WHY it hasn't been sent to the irs yet.

IRS employee.

Well I know of at least 10 people that has filed and not one of them waited longer than 2 hours I was told that they are sitting at turbotax waiting to be transmitted to them because they were so overwhelmed by the advance etc and tbh that is the only people that I know that has had to wait it's really maddening I won't be using this again 

@Yes I was told that they don't transmit them when they get them they need to audit them for this too smh I am beyond frustrated everyone gets accepted within hours and it's been days smh ridiculous!!!!

@AshleyLO I don't understand why because I don't know one person who hasn't been accepted within the first couple hours it's been days etc for some of us. I was told that you don't transmit them asap which is very maddening for some of us so can you please transmit our returns asap please jeez

That isn’t what the link says, it states after receiving status. Mines haven’t even been received.  I have never waited so long ever.. what is going on with TT??!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, after January it can take longer than 48 hours for the IRS to accept returns until they get caught up on backlogs. Once they accept, you will receive a email from TurboTax and will be able to start tracking your refund status on the IRS Where's My Refund? site. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TT this comment is for you..

I always file In feb never had this problem.. only thing different this year is that u used TT☹️

I highly suggest a different company this is the worst program I have ever used. I filed Wednesday they didn't submit my taxes until today and they were rejected because I didn't know that I needed my exhusband agi from last year but because of all this and them not submitting it until today I wasn't able to get the refund advance if it would of been sent that day I still would of been a couple days early and still qualified. I don't know one person that it took longer than a couple hours to be accepted. @Turbotax it's ridiculous that you done this. I needed that money and instead of honoring what you advertised you do this and to top it off I couldn't even contact you without paying for the deluxe edition RIDICULOUS!!!!! THEY NEED TO AUDIT YOU FOR THIS BULL BECAUSE IT'S NOT RIGHT TO NOT EVEN LET US CONTACT YOU WITHOUT PAYING 1WORST  PROGRAM TO USE!!!!

@gmorse @IRS I THINK THAT THEY SHOULD BE AUDITED FOR THIS AND YOU CAN'T CONTACT THEM IF YOU HAVE THE FREE VERSION!!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies