turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why hasnt my taxes been accepted?

I filed my taxes on January 3rd still says processing. This has never happened before. Your software keeps saying I need to upgrade browser no matter what I am using to check my taxes.have my taxes been filed or not?  Every answer I get is wait until after February 27th that is a lie. I know multiple people that got conformation within 24 hours. I needed some answers now.

Have you tried to check where's my refund? That can easily tell you if you have been accepted. If that  pulls up your info then have them. Now if they have them Turbotax has nothing to do with how long the irs takes to process your return and issue you a refund. That is on the irs and you need to call them. It takes 21 days normally for the irs to issue refunds if your return is accurate. If you had path credits like eic or education credits your 21 days didnt start until after path lifted which was on the 14 but due to the holiday more like the 18th. So honestly if where's my refund says being or still being processed you still have a little more time before your 21 days are up.

Just like some of the others, my sister filed her taxes and was excepted in a few hours. I filed mine 2.23.2020 and it shows still pending. Just curious if something went wrong

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@NieTaylor358 It can take up to 48 hours before a pending return updates to accepted. The following TurboTax FAQ discusses this as well: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
einauman

I filed my taxes on Feb 28 2020 and I have not heard anything back from the IRS yet today 2/2/20.  Any idea why??  In the past I have always heard back from them within 24 to 48 hours max that it was received and accepted.  My question is what is going on????????  & why haven't I heard back from them????

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Your return will stay in Pending status until the IRS finishes processing the backlog of returns due to such things as PATH and EITC. Sometimes returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer.  Unfortunately, TurboTax has no control over how long the IRS takes to accept a return.

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cheberz
Returning Member

That's pathetic

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies