Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What is the "Integrity and Verification Operations" and why did I get a letter from them?

@Infante88

"I filed my 2019 and also my 2018 together I wonder if that’s why mines taking longer? "

That is very likely your problem.  Each tax year is supposed to be filed separately using the forms and software for the specific tax year. If you put all of your 2018 and 2019 income on the same return, you made a mistake and it is taking the IRS a long time to sort it out.    You will have to wait and see what they do.  TurboTax cannot intercede with the IRS for you, and you cannot amend the return until the IRS finishes whatever they are doing with it. 

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What is the "Integrity and Verification Operations" and why did I get a letter from them?

@xmasbaby0  Thank you for your help, well that really sucks because I thought that was ok since it asked me on the turbo tax site if I wanted to add any more W2. I first had filed my taxes through that site then when I was almost done I saw that I qualified to do the free irs filing. Dang well I hope they can figure it out 😭 and I get my money. 

@Infante88  Well, at least now you know what the hold up is.  For the future--when it asks you if you have more W-2's it always means for the specific tax year.  So it was asking if you had other W-2's for 2019---like if you had more than one job in 2019, which can often happen.  Never combine income from other years on the same tax return.

Fingers crossed that the IRS matches up the W-2's to the ones reported by the employer(s) for the correct years and fixes it for you.  Whatever you do, do not start trying to amend the return now.  Sending in an amended return while you are under review would just cause more confusion and delays.

Let us know what happens so we can help if you still need our help when the IRS gets done with your return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I just got one of these letters yesterday. The number is on the back? March 5th will be the 21 day mark for me

Sstolfich

Apparently mine got lost.

I filed march 2019 and it's now April 2021... Wtf??? 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

If you have not received your refund from tax year 2019, you will need to contact the IRS for assistance.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

@Sstolfich

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
My1025

Why did I get a letter in the mail saying it's not me I did TurboTax and I was supposed to get my first and second stimulus check last week and now they sent me this letter

Sometimes requests to verify identity are random; sometimes there is something in your return that causes the IRS to take a closer look.    If they request any  information from you, provide it promptly. 

I HAVE TO VERIFY MY IDENTITY

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/security/tips-for-handling-identity-verification-requests-from-...

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-verification-for-irs-letter-recipients

My1025

I filed with TurboTax and I'm supposed to be getting my first and second stimulus check 1800 now what do I do I got a letter saying I have to verify my identity

My1025

Did you ever get your money I don't know what to do now they sent me this letter that I have to identify myself

Follow the instructions in that notice to verify your identity ...

I got a 5071C letter from the IRS

The 5071C letter means that the IRS has received your return, but needs more information from you to verify your identity.

You can do either of the following:

(For either option, you’ll need a copy of your prior year tax return, current return, and supporting documents like W-2s, 1099s, or Schedule C)

Or did you receive an IRS Letter 5747C in the mail?  If so, see this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-letter-5747c

Or was it an IRS Letter 4883C?  If so, then see this IRS website for information - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-4883c-letter

Johnmoney

• I want to know why the letter why I can't receive my money that's owed to me

@Johnmoney The IRS sometimes requires identity verification randomly and sometimes there is something on your return that triggers the identity verification.  Since TurboTax never gets any information from the IRS after you file your tax return, no one at TurboTax knows why you got the letter.   But if you want your refund you need to follow the instructions in the letter and provide the information the IRS has requested as soon as possible.

For more information please read the reply that was directly above your own post in this thread.

TxTizzie

I got a version of this letter, 6330C from the Integrity & Verifications Operations dept. It says to call the number [phone number removed] IMMEDIATELY. I have called multiple times for the past 4 days. There is a lot of blah, blah, blah, go to our website (I did, no help there) and then it says, "Due to unusually high call volumes we are unable to answer your call now. call back tomorrow" and hangs up the call. NO KIDDING HIGH CALL VOLUMES!! 

This is a nightmare.

They also included vouchers for me to make payments on the tax amount I owed for 2020, which I paid in full at the time of filing!

Is there any alternative?

@TxTizzie I am a worried about the "vouchers" you mentioned.   If you mean the ones that say 1040ES those are not for paying your 2020 tax due.   Those 1040ES vouchers are for paying estimated tax for the 2021 tax year by making quarterly payments to avoid a big tax bill for 2021---next year.   If you interpreted those as if they are for making payments toward the tax due on your 2020 return---that is not what they are for, and the money you send with them will not be used for your 2020 tax due. 

The 1040ES vouchers are optional.    If you expect to owe at least $1000 at tax time when you file your 2021 return next year in 2022, making quarterly payments will help you avoid a big tax bill next year and avoid an underpayment penalty.   You are not required to use them.

The only voucher for paying your 2020 federal tax due is the ONE voucher that says 1040and it has the full amount as shown on line 37 of your tax return.   

Did you use the 1040V to pay your 2020 tax due?   Or did you pay by some other means?   Your only proof that you paid your 2020 tax due will be your own credit card or bank records.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies