turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TxTizzie

What is the "Integrity and Verification Operations" and why did I get a letter from them?

I did pay my tax owed at the time of filing. 
I am concerned that I am supposed to call immediately, but the IRS system has hung up on me 4 times in a row. I am now on long-term hold, no telling for how long. when did they start this awful system? The recording keeps telling you to go online, but the website it sends you to says that with the letter number I have, 6330C, I have to talk to someone, but that has been impossible so far. 
They are REALLY messed up!

TxTizzie

What is the "Integrity and Verification Operations" and why did I get a letter from them?

Update: after being on hold for 20 minutes this morning, a recorded message says, “Your call cannot be completed at this time. Please try again later.”

Government efficiency at its best!

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/understanding-your-letter-4883c-or-6330c

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

• I filed federal state taxes on Jan 10 and are still in processing due to identity verification but I'm on SSI receive the third stimulus check and filed 2020 taxes to receive the first 2 stimulus payments still no refund yet

No nothing wrong if you filed correctly and have no identity prob the IRS is back logged on filing

Can you help me verify my identity?

@Lisasummers69 wrote:

Can you help me verify my identity?

Only you can verify your identity with the IRS.

Go to the IRS website for information on identity verification - https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-verification-for-irs-letter-recipients

Lisa210_
Returning Member

It's been since Feb 24 an den received this letter in August an still haven't received nonething and calling to speak to sum1 is ridiculously frustrating

Yes---it is frustrating to have to verify your identity since the IRS is so backlogged and it is difficult to get through.  We hear that trying at 7 a.m. works sometimes.   Frustrating as it is, to get your refund you have to verify with the IRS, and TurboTax cannot help with it.

I HAVE TO VERIFY MY IDENTITY

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tips/security/tips-for-handling-identity-verification-requests-from-...

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-verification-for-irs-letter-recipients

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
memore2

This is very suspect to me. How can we be sure that this is not a third party commercial for-profit entity that could easily be hacked or even collected this information (Cell Phone #, Email Address, Photo of the front and back of your drivers' license, your FULL SSN,  and a scan of your face) during the process? I am sorry but I trust the U.S. government about as much as I trust the Russian and Chinese governments. Why is it that I have to prove myself I thought that in the U.S. you were innocent until proven guilty? Somehow the bad guys never get harassed or stopped but they sure will do everything in their power to not send me my refund. 

@memore2   If you do not trust the choices to verify your identity online or by phone with the IRS then an alternative method is to visit an IRS facility in person to verify your identity.  If the IRS has requested that you verify your identity, you have to do so somehow if you want your refund.

Marhck4
Returning Member

I received the same letter 120 days after I filed my taxes on turbo tax every year. I waited 21 days and I got the first 60 day letter the end of april and this letter came 120 days later what is this

@Marhck4 wrote:

I received the same letter 120 days after I filed my taxes on turbo tax every year. I waited 21 days and I got the first 60 day letter the end of april and this letter came 120 days later what is this

As has been reported multiple times on this thread - TurboTax receives no information from the IRS concerning your tax return after it has been filed and accepted by the IRS.

Only you can verify your identity with the IRS.

Go to the IRS website for information on identity verification - https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/identity-verification-for-irs-letter-recipients

i receive the letter from IRS they want to for energy credit 2021

turbo tax file my tax allready

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies