turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long does it take for my money to clear in direct deposit when they sent it and it was approved yesterday ?

Has been approved and wccepted just want to know when I and getting my money
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

66 Replies
Patrice

How long does it take for my money to clear in direct deposit when they sent it and it was approved yesterday ?

It can take 1 to 5 days for your financial institution to deposit funds into your account

If the status in Where’s My Refund? shows “Refund Sent”, the IRS has sent your tax refund to your financial institution for direct deposit. If you don't receive it in after 5 days then you should contact your financial institution.

What is the financial institutions name

suntrust bank
aplm639

I got my federal & my state was approved o 1/24/2019. How long do I have to wait for my refund?

my refund says approved and that the 13th I should get it but I’m wondering if that’s true cuz my bank bragged about how id get my refund two days faster
msv4570

My federal and state was approved 1/29, I was given a deposit date of 2/6 and and received state on that date. However still no Federal. Irs2Go  and website says to contact bank if not deposited by 2/11 ...did that, they say not received..call IRS...

The IRS doesn't send refunds once your refund has been approved... Approved is just stating the your Tax Refund is complete and correct. It usually takes them 4-5 days to issue your check, once your check is issued then then IRS update WMR to Refund sent. That's the day the IRS will send you your check direct deposit or by mail. What ever one you prefer. Now certain bank account will have you believe that you'll get your refund early but they dont tell you your two days starts when the check is sent not approved. Checks that are over $150 will usually take a couple of days to clear in your bank account with it most likely taking a 1-3 days to clear depending on your major bank institute, unless it's an H&R Block Emerald Card or a Jackson Hewitt Serve Card, with those cards your most likely 90% guaranteed to get your money on the day the IRS sends your refund......Hope this helps yous understand!!!!!

How long does it take to receive your refund with a account now card cause I get paid two days early from my job

Most likely depends on if your refund clears that day with your bank. If Account Now gives you an option to receive your refund two days early just call them when your WMR changes to sent, and ask them (Account Now) if they see any deposit set to clear...

Thanks for the response

The IRS sent my tax refund to my rapid paycard 6 days ago. Checked my balance and it’s not there. I wanted to compare the numbers that I put for my Turbo Tax direct deposit to the account and routing numbers for my Bancorp Rapid pay card. I tried talking to someone at Turbo Tax and Rapid pay card, everyone e keeps telling me they can’t see the numbers. I also called the IRS they said I have to wait 21days before they can look at my  tax papers? Very sad any suggestions?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

You can view the details of your refund method on your 1040 form.  If you filed your return using TurboTax Online, read the following FAQ for instructions on downloading/printing your return:  How do I get a copy of a return I filed this year ...

Or use the following guide for printing a return filed in the TurboTax CD/Download software:  How do I print a copy of my return filed in the Tu ...

Your refund method (including direct deposit numbers, if you chose direct deposit) will be on line 20a on your 1040 form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
7065cd

Hi today is the 5 of February my federal returns was accepted and approved last week it state that I should be receiving of deposit by the 5 of February. Today is the 5 of February I CHECK my bank account and yet noting....

Mine says the same thing, "February 5th deposit date. Check with bank if not credited even by February 10th"

I am guessing/hoping it will happen sometime during the day or atleast overnight tonight.

I bank with Chase.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies