turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sc1984

TurboTax19 won't open on Mac

I am also having the same problem.  I was even able to pay to e-file my state.  I am now told my only option is to use the online version and start all over.  I am curious if it stopped in the same place for you and if you were able to resolve it by now?

I was able to be successful only because I have a different Mac that I have not updated to the current version.  I downloaded the program onto that computer and was successful.  

This is ridiculous. The requirements clearly state: 2019: macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later which I have on my Mac. The program worked great, but the moment I paid for the state e-file it closed out. Now it won't re-open. I tried the advanced remove process and that does nothing. Did someone at Turbotax make an update or something that caused a failure? Why would a clean uninstall and reinstall now fail? Please help or instruct us all on what to do next? I can't move to the online system because I have too many brokerage trades. Plus, I don't want to redo all of my taxes! If this isn't going to be resolved, please let us know so we can get our money back. Your product clearly states that is will work on my Mac, so it is false advertising. 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@creativeflood Please contact Support and request that they send a push update for your software. They will also be able to troubleshoot. Here's the link to contact Support. What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
preed
Returning Member

Thanks for the validation that I'm not crazy.  I've wasted a week troubleshooting this.  I thought it was everything from my overloaded wifi that stopped in the middle of an update to confusion over older versions of Turbo Tax. Turns out it was none of that and all my uninstalls, empty trash cans and reboots was a waste.   Hoping to hear from Turbo Tax with resolution!

I got it to work. Submitted as quick as possible. Here is what I did:

I followed the uninstall questions twice - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/remove-uninstall-turbotax-for-mac/00/26050

The first time I deleted all 2019 items and it still failed. Second time, I deleted all older versions of turbotax as well. I had 2018, etc elements in the library. Anything in the Library related to turbotax went in the trash. Also, be sure to restart your mac before trying to restart the new version of 2019. Install 2019, reboot, open 2019. Hope this helps someone. Good luck.

@creativeflood  Thank you! This actually worked. I followed your advice and deleted every version on my computer by following the link. I even took it one step further and searched for “TurboTax” or “Intuit” And found a few more files to trash. Thank you! I’ve been battling this for months. 

dberry_marketing
Returning Member

Horrible experience - very angry and frustrated customer to have to go through this process multiple times just to get back to yet another crash in the final stages. Seems to crash on state E-Filing section when purchasing that E-File. FIX THIS ASAP!!!!

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

This situation will be best handled by contacting customer care. Please click here for directions. 

Knulp14

I have followed the uninstall process 3 times including deleting every version from 2012 to 2019.  Same as every one else once Intuit took my money for the state it crashed at has not let me back in.  I tried customer support but they just disconnected without being helpful.  This is the worst customer service I have ever encountered in my life.

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please ensure you have the Minimum system requirements for TurboTax Mac software.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ's below for further assistance:

For assistance with this, you can call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link: Contact Us
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

TM17
Returning Member

Same thing here.  As soon as the state file was submitted for filing, the software crashed. I have not been able to get it to re-start.  I have followed all of the suggestions so far listed. Same result.  This is extremely frustrating. Please someone correct this ASAP!

TM17
Returning Member

Great Help here!  NOT...the link provided for the 'contact' is invalid. Thanks

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@TM17 Here is the correct link for the Contact Us page:  https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Does is actually crash or just a spinning beachball?

If a spinning beach ball then this seems to be caused by some other 3rd party software that is blocking the Apple print function.   Some users have reported that by just waiting 15-30 minutes will allow it to complete and print.  Others have found that they have virus software installed that is blocking it - removing (uninstalling) that software has fixed the problem. 

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies