mickeyfox63

Turbo Tax not showing accepted by IRS but submitted weeks before Feb 12, 2021

I submitted my taxes before the Feb 12, 2021 date and turbo tax still does not show accepted by IRS.  IT should not take this long as I  see others stating theirs was accepted.  Could there be a problem I need to address to ge them submitted for payment??

MY RETURN IS IN PENDING—what does that mean?

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending. If your return is rejected you will be able to make corrections before re-filing.

The IRS just began accepting/rejecting 2020 returns on Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until mid-February or later to arrive.   And watch your spam folder too.   There are a LOT of e-files on servers so it may be several days after the IRS opens before you get an email.  There are so many returns waiting —kind of like trying to put the ocean through a garden hose.  

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

A state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

Scott McCauley

I'm in the same boat. I submitted a couple weeks ago. Still shows "pending" in the software and no email yet on the status either.

jlacyrn

If you read these threads, like me, many of us NEVER RECIEVED AN EMAIL that our return was sent to IRS. Isn't that supposed to happen as you said?

@jlacyrn wrote:

Your tax returns will remain Pending until the IRS starts pulling tax returns from the TurboTax servers. It may be several days or longer after the IRS start date before your tax return gets accepted or rejected.

The IRS has to pull millions and millions of tax returns from servers throughout the country after the official IRS start date of 02/12/2021.

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

@Scott McCauley wrote:

You could have filed in early January and the only thing that would have happened is your tax return sitting on the TurboTax servers waiting to be pulled by the IRS on and after the official start date of 02/12/2021.

jlacyrn

So Don, When do they send the email that it was submitted?

@jlacyrn wrote:

The email is sent after you have transmitted the tax return in the File section of the program by clicking the orange button labeled Transmit my returns now.

Provided that you have the correct email address on your TurboTax account.  If you have not received an email then check the spam or junk mail folders on your email account.

Verify your TurboTax information to include the email address.  See this TurboTax support FAQ for updating a TurboTax account - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-updates/help/how-do-i-update-my-turbotax-account-informati...