turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wvill009

I filed my taxes with TurboTax. Why is my Turbotax account saying I haven''t filed yet if I received my tax return files and a confirmation email saying the IRS accepted?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I filed my taxes with TurboTax. Why is my Turbotax account saying I haven''t filed yet if I received my tax return files and a confirmation email saying the IRS accepted?

That’s common to end up with multiple accounts.  First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you’re logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID’s for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used     <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/">https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/</a>
wvill0091

Thank you! I found my account and taxes.

I filed my income tax with TurboTax on 04/09/2018  but the Internal Revenue is saying that they have not received them. I need you to file or refile my income tax as soon as possible. My order# /TTWC92652804 

Paying the fees doesn't file the return.  Did you efile? Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button? You can check your efile status here https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile. 

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say? 

I followed that link and it still says I haven't filed.  Been using this program to file for years. What's up.  Like to print up a past year's return.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an old thread that may contain outdated information. Do you have a specific question we can assist you with? 

If you used TurboTax Online to complete and file your prior year tax returns, you can access them by following the steps in this TurboTax help article: How do I access a prior-year return?

If you used TurboTax CD/Download software to complete and file your returns, then TurboTax would not have a copy as your tax return would be stored locally on your computer or storage device. 

You can also request a copy of your tax return from the IRS, however, if you have an immediate need, you can get a copy of your tax transcript from the IRS. See How do I get a copy of my tax return or transcript from the IRS? for more information. 

@engoofficer

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies