Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SBTPG holding my funds. ID verify website says it can’t find my information

My Direct Deposit Date is 2/24. I haven’t received anything yet. 

when I check my return status on TPG it says “disbursement method: Reserve” 

it also shows “Funded” To “Reserve” 

when I call them the automated system automatically tells me my account is on hold due to “unusual activity” and to go to the net verify tpg website to upload my ID. 

Only problem is when I go to their website and enter in my social, it says “No Client ID associated with the SSNToken” 

so my funds are being held, the automated system hangs up on me and tells me to go to NetVerify to verify my info, and then the website tells me it can’t find my information. 

So I’m at a complete dead end. I am never in my life using Turbo Tax nor will I ever allow my friends or family to use it again. I’m going to try to get in touch with a human at TPG and pray that they are able to help. This has been an absolute nightmare. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

70 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Domomoepic

Please reach out to SBTPG here for further assistance.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same problem here. Their support line is useless. Everything is automated and I somehow found a tip that you go for option 3 and input any 6 numbers which will take you to a queue for live person. I have been on hold for 1.5 hrs as we speak!

I also sent service request but have not heard back yet... What a mess and I will never use Turbo Tax again.

I followed the same advice and was able to reach a human. I called them right when they opened and was on hold for about 20 minutes. Once support checked on it he told me to email them a photo of my ID front and back. 

no case number, no nothing else. I asked him if I should put any context in the email and he said just write that your IRS refund is on hold.

He said I should hear something back by Monday, but I’m not going to hold my breath. Will update here to let you know what happens. Hope you have better luck than me 

Which email did you send it to? Might as well send them preemptively...

The email is support@sbtpg.com

Was disappointed to see how generic this is. When you send the email you should get an automated response advising you that your ticket is now in queue. If you continue to hold and are told something else, I would be interested to hear it. I’ve read stories about TPG telling different people different things seemingly arbitrarily. 

Apparently we can’t post emails on this forum?? 

support(@)sbtpg(dot)(com)

Thank you! Just sent my email. Still waiting here and I will update when I talk to someone!

I got through thru the insane queue and spoke with live persob after almost 4 hours. I wish I can attach a photo to show the insanity of reaching someone at SBTPG for my freaking tax refund that is rightfully mine. I got the same answer. We don't know why there is a hold on account... sorry blah blah blah.. They asked me to send an email with photos of my and my wife's DL (Front and Back) via email with subject line "Account Verification on Holding - Last Name - Last 4 Digit of SSN." I only got automated email back with ticket no. Still waiting for my refund or any correspondence from them. This is just outright insane.

Thanks for the update. Crazy that he didn’t tell me to specify the last four of my social in my email when I got the same answer. I’m going to reply to the thread I guess and add it in there. WOW. I’ve honestly lost hope of getting mine within the next 30 days. Just going to make it easier sleeping at night if I start operating my life as if the check isn’t coming. Hope we both get it soon though

I will update here if I hear something! It is hard for me to sleep about it since it is about 10K return this year for me and my spouse :( 

No update here yet, just waiting to hop on the phone queue and remind them that I sent the email, and hoping to see if an advisor can push the case forward or something. Hope we hear something this week that is definitive. I’m expecting just under 10k too, and my wife and I were really needing this to come through. Really disappointed, and more importantly never using TT again. Ever 😡 

Hopped on call at 1st thing in morning. Took less than 2 mins to speak with someone. Agent said they dont know why my refund has been held. Cant also confirm if email has been reviewed. Instructed me to call or email on Wednesday since I sent email for account verification on Friday evening. Urgh...

Took me about 40 minutes today. Somehow the advisor who picked up knew I used the “Tax professional” automated option, and routed me to the consumer support which took some time

from there a nice lady was able to confirm that they received my information. She then took about 20 minutes to consult with a Lead for more info on what they can do to move it along. 

she finally returned and told me to expect something back by March 4th, since my initial email sent was on Friday. She said processing takes 7 days. 

I was at least happy to hear they have received my info. So now I guess I have to wait and call back on the 4th if I don’t hear anything back. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide information on why your refund is on hold.
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-my-federal-refund-on-hold-with-santa-bar...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies