Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

SBTPG holding my funds. ID verify website says it can’t find my information

Same here! Finally. Ultimately I may still use TT next year but I won’t “pay with my refund” now that I know how the system works

My refund finally came in this morning you guys! I still think this whole process is FISHY and maybe they got enough BBB complaints that they did something about it. All in all, this was stressful and I probably won’t use TT again, just to be safe. But it was kinda fun talking with all of you this week. I hope everyone has a good day! 

UPDATE: 

same!!! Sent photos of my driver’s license now there’s a direct deposit!!! 
They didn’t take any extra money thank God. 
i still hope they are held accountable. We prayed for everyone still missing money or whose money is on hold. 

Please note some of you claimed your stimulus check again that’s why you’re missing a huge chunk of your initial refund. 

Also simply email them the drivers license the verification link on SBTPG does not work. Ctfax @ sbtpg (dot) com 

hopefulky it moves quickly for you to get your funds released. 

NOT USING THEM EVER AGAIN!!!!!! 

For everyone having issues with SBTPG:

1. Contact your bank to verify that no deposit attempt has been made. Even if it has, you want this info.

2. File complaints with BOTH the BBB and California Attorney General Office. Be very specific in what you have tried and what the results were.

3. To actually get to a real person at SBTPG you have to select option 3, tax preparer. The phone bank will take you through BS like asking for a ESIN number, just keep hitting *. Eventually it will put you on hold for a representative. They open at 6am Pacific Time. Call as soon as they open. Ask for a supervisor. You will get put on hold for "2 minutes". This is actually 10-20 minutes and they will hang up before anyone answers. Call back immediately. Make sure you have time. I waited 1.5 hours on hold the seond time for one person to pick up. You want to have contacted your bank first so you can call them out when they tell you that your bank rejected the deposit and your bank told you they have no record of any deposit attempt. Then question why they need a photo ID for identity verification when they already have the name and account number. Photo ID is irrelevant. They may then tell you that they are sending you a personal check. That's their "policy" if the bank rejects the direct deposit. Call them out again, because up until now, they have been holding your funds pending identity verification, not sending a paper check. They will not have an answer. Make them verify the address the check is being sent to.

I went through this process starting Wednesday. Yesterday I got the line about them mailing a paper check. This morning, my funds were direct deposited in the account they claim they couldn't because the bank was rejecting it without me sending the photo ID verification they claim they needed. I don't think it was a coincidence that the BBB happened to contact them the same morning that I finally got a real person on the line and called out every line BS they tried to use.

Have you received anything back? I'm on hold with them now my tax return was sent to them on 05/03 that's when they took their money out of it and now it says reserve whatever that means 

Did you ever get your taxes I'm going thru same process now

I am going through the same thing! Turbo Tax is no help and TPG calls either won’t go through or I hold for over an hour and never get to a actual person before I have to hang up. I held yesterday for 64 mins. I will never use Turbo Tax again and should have stuck with H&R Block like I’ve used for years. 

Level 1

agree- same issue - cant get hold of Turbo or tpg to find out about my refund 5800.00 USD

Level 1

same issue here-- what can we do ? 

@859 

In your other thread you said you gave the wrong address on your tax return and wrong banking information.

One thing you need to do is change your address with the IRS and make sure the IRS has the right mailing address for you:

CHANGE OF ADDRESS 

https://www.irs.gov/faqs/irs-procedures/address-changes/address-changes

It is possible that the third party bank will send your refund back to the IRS and you will have to seek it from the IRS by putting a trace on it----so send in the correct mailing address NOW.

If you need to trace a payment that the IRS says has been issued to you, mail or fax a completed IRS Form 3911, Taxpayer Statement Regarding Refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@859 wrote:

agree- same issue - cant get hold of Turbo or tpg to find out about my refund 5800.00 USD

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information
On this page you can also scroll down and click on Submit a request

Or https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/

Call 1-877-908-7228

NOTE - SBTPG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Green Dot Corporation - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Barbara_Tax_Products_Group

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies