turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund

A bunch of people are waiting 45 - 60 on a review log... With the new TCJA Law from 2017 Bv theres a Tax Hike Act passage that is placing many filers under a microscope. They started last year, auditing or “reviewing” tax returns that claim EIC HOH or CTC. If you haven’t been one of the selected filers this year or last, you probably will be next your or in the following tax season. Most people who file with DIY tax preparation tools online will more likely be the main ones going through this waiting process... Because the IRS is scrutinizing tax returns that are claiming dependents that are not “legally” their rightful relation to claim. All dependents must be related by blood or by marriage, and the IRS is now trying to verify documents to confirm their eligibility. Like boyfriend claiming girlfriend kids... They lived together 10 years etc., and he financially supports them... IRS says you can but you will not qualify for EIC CTC etc... Or some ppl claim kids from stolen identity, to get more tax credits... So ppl using the DIY websites are more susceptible to scrutiny, because the IRS is finding more fraudulent or even legitimate tax returns with mistakes that can put your return on review. They presume that having your tax returns done by a professional tax preparer will verify and process your taxes correctly and confirm docs for dependents and tax filers while doing their tax returns, so they are more likely to get passed this new policy they’re practicing. Basically trying to cut back on the amount of tax credits / refunds they send out each year. By catching these claims that ppl have been getting paid out for, for many years, they look to minimizing that cost the US government pays out. 

Refund

No dependents, No EITC or CTC..so what was that excuse again?  The issue for some may be the government but it seems that the biggest issue is the 1095A form which the program should have caught.  It is an issue with the Turbo Tax software that has gotten corrected around the same time they started accepted the returns with EITC.  

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

Did you mail in the 1095A paperwork to the IRS? If so, it is taking the IRS 8-12 weeks approximately to process but it could come back sooner. Continue to monitor your refund on the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates.

There is no penalty for not having health care insurance for tax year 2019 and beyond.You only have to enter it, if you received that form. If health insurance was provided from the Marketplace, state or healthcare.gov then a Form 1095-A would be received. The 1095-A is required to be entered so that the Form 8962 Premium Tax Credit can be generated.

"Critter Level 15"

If this is putting you into financial hardship, please see this link:Taxpayer Advocate Service

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

Ok so I filed 1/27. Accepted 1/27. Waited with one bar and processing till 2/16. On 2/15 updated to path 2/16 went to no path processing message.  On 2/28 I was told a 60 day wage verification. On 3/14 I woke up with a DDD of 3/18. Also turbo tax you need to understand you dont have permission to charge my account. You will wait on IRS just like the rest of us. I mean duh. Turbo will know we got before we do. With that said we plan to even our checks to where we dont go thru this we just break even. And dang sure wont try turbo "free file" I'll just use IRS free file. It's actually free and they get theirs fast. Just so ya know. Sorry if your waiting and wash your hands...with soap and water. 

TimR89

Refund

I filed my taxes electronically on 2/24 and was accepted on 2/27. My WMR still says my refund is still being processed and a refund date will be available. But TT said I should be getting my refund by 3/19. I haven't gotten any letters in the mail or anything about my tax return.

Refund

@TimR89 wrote:

I filed my taxes electronically on 2/24 and was accepted on 2/27. My WMR still says my refund is still being processed and a refund date will be available. But TT said I should be getting my refund by 3/19. I haven't gotten any letters in the mail or anything about my tax return.

The TurboTax dates for receiving a federal tax refund are only estimates based on the IRS target of 21 days to issue the refund after the tax return has been accepted.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 4 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

surrattbks13
Returning Member

Refund

well I got audited its sent me a letter and I paid for the plus option and turbo tax did nothing. and it's March 16th and still no money. what did I pay extra for the plus if turbo tax did nothing. but charge me for it? 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

@surrattbks13 The following TurboTax FAQ will advise you of the benefits on purchasing Plus: What's included in PLUS Help & Support?

Bmn010908

Refund

Did anyone receive there refund or are you still waiting? I filed 40 days ago, I called the irs and was told my refund was being held for review and would take up to 60 more days I haven't even received a letter yet. Is this only happening to turbo tax users? 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

You can call the IRS, if it has been longer than 21 days, at 1-800-829-1040

When calling the IRS do NOT choose Option 1

Choose Option 2 after you choose the language. 

Then Press 1  

Then Press 4 

Then Press 2, it will then transfer you to an agent. 

This IRS FAQ page will provide more answers.  

cwtx72
Returning Member

Refund

Well mine is starting it's 7th week, still says  "still being processed" 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

The Turbo Tax FAQ posted below will give your more guidance on if your return has taken more than days as well as a way to get in contact with the IRS.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

Refund

When you check WMR and it says Your refund is being processed.  A refund date will be provided to you....means that your refund is being held up for some reason.  In most cases this tax season it is because of the 1095A form.  I would recommend to contact the IRS and speak to an agent to find out why your refund is being delayed.  The best time to call with the best chance of getting through is early morning before 9AM EST.  Once you find out what the delay is ask them to assign an advocate, they will ask you if you have a financial hardship and they will notate it in your tax file if you have one.  An Advocate will call you within 3-5 days.  I am getting my refund on 03/19 which is a month after I requested a tax advocate.  That is way better than an additional 60 days.

Refund

Unfortunately if you are getting audited it is going to take longer to receive your refund.  My sister got audited last year and she filed the same she did for several years prior.  I don't know when she actually got her refund but I know as of last June/July she had not gotten it.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

@qdv24vaughn

TurboTax does not receive updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return the date in TurboTax for your expected refund was an estimate based on the average time of refunds.

Please see these TurboTax FAQ's on why some tax return refunds may take a while to be released and what steps you can take:

If you are concerned and it's been over 21 days since your tax return was accepted by the IRS and you decide to call them here are some tips when contacting the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 (you may not get connected the first time you call as call volumes are high):

• First choose your language. 
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Also this TurboTax FAQ lets you know what to have ready before you contact the IRS: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/irs/help/what-do-i-need-if-i-call-the-irs/00/27378

Manage cookies