turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where are my taxes

I filed feb 4th and still havent gotten them.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where are my taxes

If your returns were accepted, then only the IRS & State would have information about your refund.

You can checked the IRS website Where's My Refund for your Federal information?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If you have a State refund, click on the following link, then click on your State

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help

-----------------------------------------------------

Did you have your TurboTax fees deducted from your Federal refund?  When you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your Federal refund, it does not go to TurboTax, your refund is first sent to the bank that handles the transaction.

When you sign up for Pay With My Refund, your refund will be handled through the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG, formerly SBBT).

You can go to the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group website if you need assistance with your refund.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Where are my taxes

If your returns were accepted, then only the IRS & State would have information about your refund.

You can checked the IRS website Where's My Refund for your Federal information?

If you have a State refund, click on the following link, then click on your State

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help

-----------------------------------------------------

Did you have your TurboTax fees deducted from your Federal refund?  When you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your Federal refund, it does not go to TurboTax, your refund is first sent to the bank that handles the transaction.

When you sign up for Pay With My Refund, your refund will be handled through the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group (SBTPG, formerly SBBT).

You can go to the Santa Barbara Tax Products Group website if you need assistance with your refund.

casey-musser
Returning Member

Where are my taxes

I filed mine on the 4th also, and they were accepted. But the IRS says they can't "find" my information. 

I still do not have my return either. 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Where are my taxes

@casey-musser When checking your refund status on the IRS Where's My Refund? site, make certain you are only entering your federal refund.  Do not enter your federal combined with your state refund, or your federal minus state tax owed.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
casey-musser
Returning Member

Where are my taxes

I filed on Feb 4th.  Turbo Tax says they were accepted.  

The IRS says it "can not find" my return. 

I have called like 5 phone numbers for the IRS and they either hang up on me or an automated system says they can't find my return. 

I have to pay Turbo Tax to "talk" to someone to see if there is a problem there. 

I can't seem to "talk" to anyone at the IRS. 

This system is BROKEN.....  someone needs to tell me at least WHERE my taxes are. 

Juliet1

Where are my taxes

Having the same problem here.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Where are my taxes

@Juliet1 and @casey-musser

If you need assistance speaking with someone at the IRS about your tax return refund that is not showing on Where's My Refund please see this:

You may contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 please see this website article from the IRS on contact hours: https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance.

Here are some tips when contacting the IRS:

• First choose your language. 
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Please see this TurboTax FAQ on what to have ready before you contact the IRS: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/irs/help/what-do-i-need-if-i-call-the-irs/00/27378

If you need to inquire about a state refund please contact your state Department of Revenue.

Where are my taxes

Why haven’t I received my taxes 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Where are my taxes

@Bria242 Unfortunately, TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS once your return is "Accepted". If the Where’s My Federal Refund? site shows your tax return is processing,  during this time the government reviews your refund. During the review process, they look for math errors on your return (extremely rare in TurboTax) and they also check if you owe back taxes, unpaid child support, or other debts. 

If they need to make any corrections, they may offset (reduce) your refund. In some cases, the correction might even increase your refund.

Once that part's done, the government approves your refund, which means it's ready to be deposited or sent. At that point the IRS site will update with a direct deposit date. 

The general timeline of e-filed returns is: Transmission > Acceptance > Processing > Approval > Refund.

Note: Once your refund status on the IRS shows "Refund Sent" it can take 1 to 5 business days approximately, for the financial institution to deposit fund into your account. 

Please see the links below for more information:

jmitch100

Where are my taxes

I have yet to receive my taxes. I have never waited this long. Damnit.

Where are my taxes

You and millions of others.

The IRS is running behind due to COVID and a huge amount of early tax returns being filed this year.

In fact they just delayed the filing date from April 15 to May 17 because of it.

21 days is not a magic number - it is just an average.

TurboTax only gives the general IRS (most returns are processed within 21 days) date. The actual date is known only by the IRS. TurboTax also does not adjust the general date for anything on the tax return. TurboTax receives no feedback from the IRS after filing.

The IRS says most refunds will be issued within 21 days - some faster, some longer.
(Most means more than half so many take longer - MUCH longer)

Each tax return is evaluated on it's own merits. There is no first-in-first-out. Two similar tax return submitted at the same time can have totally different processing times based on IRS criteria for examining tax returns that the IRS does not divulge.

Some returns will be held for ID verification or other verification. The IRS will send a letter if they require more information to process your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Check your refund stratus here:

Check your state refund here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Nicole82
Returning Member

Where are my taxes

I filed the 8th and still nothing ?? I will never use this system again 

Edward Garber
Returning Member

Where are my taxes

Amazing that the Washington D.C. administration can fund and pay illegal immigrants and not pay working taxpayers for their contributions and overpayments.  No EXCUSES! I too, have the same problem. NO REFUND YET.  

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Where are my taxes

@Nicole82   @Edward Garber

You can check the IRS website  to check the status of your return.  You  must enter the primary SSN, filing status, and the gross amount of the refund. You may also call IRS @ 1-800-829-1040.

The IRS is having a hard time this year. Each return must be cross checked for the normal and now with the new laws:

• stimulus- is it correct, pay missing amounts, do they need to be added for the new stimulus
  • unemployment - is it on there, was it filed with the $10,200 subtraction, does it need to be adjusted
  • premium tax credit - is it on there, is there an amount due, adjust the return
  • EIC - is it on, were they banned, is there a record of release to claim?
  • Child credit -anybody else claim, how old are kids, what is allowed
  • Typos, offsets, and so on for still more, it is a long process this year to check each return for so many things.
  • If there is a problem, you will get a letter explaining the issue.

The IRS is also processing returns mailed in last year and handling the current stimulus. They have scheduled this summer to adjust unemployment on returns.

The more items on your return, the more complicated the processing. Some people are getting their refund in two parts.

irishtx1

Where are my taxes

I e filed my taxes on April 12, 2021. I can't find out any information as to the verification that they were received.

I gave them my routing number and Account number for my payment. My account was not debited for the taxes due. The help form Tubotax is non existant.  I cannot contact you and get a straight answer. I have tried every number I can find for the IRS and no luck. I don't know who is the the most incompetent, you or the IRS. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies