Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What is the "Integrity and Verification Operations" and why did I get a letter from them?

The number provided on the letter does not permit us to call the IRS directly. Thoughts?

Slhuddys
Returning Member

What is the "Integrity and Verification Operations" and why did I get a letter from them?

We filed fed 14th got a letter apr 24th an still havent heard anything about our refund yet
Realist77

Allow me to keep it “Real” . This is the unit that investigates your tax return “After “ some you know has called and reported any allegation of fraud ! No your employer , not the IRS carefully trying to help you make sure your taxes and correct, not that you’ve made some mistake . Key word is “Integrity“ the ability to be honest , so you can listen to all the fancy talk about the IRS randomly selecting “ you “ to hold your properly prepared electronically file return, and hold it for 60 day! Well if you have odds like this you should play the lottery. 

My personal experience: I know this to be true because my sister called in and told made a claim to the IRS “I get too much back in refunds , and she felt like I was doing something wrong “ ( I have defendants and receive Disability Retirement Income, filed the same yearly, which I never would tell my personal income situation, but my children and I look forward to taking a modest trip each year )  she asked me for a loan  knowing that I get an return , and I declined because it’s for my family . One year later my sister , personally apologizes and told me she called the IRS and want to cause them to hold my refund, and this is exactly what happen, my refund was held more than 60 days ! I got it back in about 6 months after I filed , nothing changed on my refund, no adjustments done, but a delay. 

Keep your business to yourself and stay away from any and all jealous , envious, or vindictive people that would think to do this to you . 

Just keeping it real or “transparent “. 

Jval

I got this letter recently...any outcomes from last year??.. 

I just received that letter today, hoping to get a information to, on how much longer on my refund 

Any updates?!?!

I received this letter also and am patiently waiting for refund. My letter arrived on the 19th of feb. almost a month ago and I filed in the end of January. My co worker received the same letter. We waitress at a restaurant and the owner has no clue how to do our tip taxes correctly .  She initially wasn’t going to include the taxes we paid on our tips.  She was only putting 2.13 a hour wage and the taxes paid on that. so we think Brought it to her attention that we should be able to claim our tip income that we had been taxed on all year and so she gave us a updated w2. Don’t remember if it was a corrected w2 or not. But I think this may have cause mine to be flagged . 

Hannah20
Returning Member

I filed my taxes end of January. Claiming child tax delayed processing to Feb 15. Recieved letter first week of March stating IRS is reviewing no further action. Must wait 60 days cannot speak to anyone. Recieved another letter today stating "working on account" needing additional 60 days! I have worked the same job for the past 7 years and have always claimed my son. I am trying to stay hopefully and think that since this is my first place maybe the address changed triggered something. But I have no way to find out. Feeling frustrated 

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Don't worry, although the IRS is taking longer this is for your protection. Please just give them a little more time and you should receive it soon.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I also receive a letter in the mail with the same information.  I filed my taxes in January, received a letter on Feb 19th 2020 and haven’t heard from the IRS since.  It is now day 49 for me.  I tried call the number provided but It doesn’t give you a real person.  It just asked if I wanted to check the status of my refund (my refund kept saying “we received your refund and it is being processed”) or some other things that does not apply to me.  I waited on the line to speak to someone and all it would say was “ok, thank you for you call. Goodbye.” Which right now is extremely frustrating.  With the pandemic and people losing jobs... they need their refund to help them through this crisis.  Rent, mortgage, heat, cable, gas.... I hope I hear something soon. 

To verify my identity  I guess that's what the letter said that I received. 

So I claimed my taxes on 12/31/19 with my last paystub. Now it's 7/17/20 and still no taxes nor my stimulus. Information same from last yr and I've had 2 reviews now here's it going to integrity dept. I have id theft on my credit. Could that be the issue? And I always claim my child take trips etc daycare. What could possibly take so long?

Using your last pay stub was probably the root of all your troubles since the amounts you entered did not match what the employer reported.   Confirm this by looking at what you entered VS the actual W-2 you got ...  this alone can cause a lengthy delay then add in a 4 month covid shut down this can take 6 months or more to work itself out. 

In the future do not be in a rush to file ... the IRS is never even processing returns until the end of January and if you have EIC/ATCT on the return they don't process until mid to late February.  Complete the return correctly the first time so the IRS has no reason to question anything. 

FredBinNJ

I received this letter on 17 JULY 2020 after filing my return (refund)  on 14 April 2020.  Fair enough to verify my integrity.... but three months to get the letter and another two months to get the refund.  What is that about? 

I’m really frustrated also. I filed my taxes through the free efile on 04/05/2020. I waited and waited and no return. I received a letter on 07/21/2020 like most of you here about them reviewing and having to wait another 60 days! God I hope we all get our money this really sucks. I am also a waitress and just started this job in Dec. I filed my 2019 and also my 2018 together I wonder if that’s why mines taking longer? Good luck everyone! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies