Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Sorry but Printed or Ready to Mail means you have to actually print out your tax return and mail it to the IRS or state yourself.  So it has not been filed yet.  And it will always say Ready to Mail.  Turbo Tax doesn’t know if or when you mailed it and the IRS doesn’t update Turbo Tax when they get your mailed return.    You can try to switch to efile.   Click on Add a State to let you back into your retun.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

Or if you want to mail a return from the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s. Use a mailing service that will track it, such as UPS or certified mail so you will know the IRS received the return. Don’t forget state.

Important! Mail Federal and State in separate envelopes and mail each year in separate envelopes.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

@Kneewman wrote:

I'm having trouble with my taxes it yells me ready to mail help please

Ready to mail means the tax return has not been e-filed.  You have to print, sign, date and mail the tax return.

Or see this TurboTax support FAQ for changing from mail to e-file - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/e-file/help/how-do-i-change-from-mail-to-e-file-in-turbotax-online...

I finally was able to speak to a rep at irs and was told that I had an error on line 17 with the amount of tax withheld.   Evidently turbo tax combined tax withheld from federal,  social security,  and  Medicare and this total amount was erroneously entered.  Per  IRS only federal income tax withheld was supposed to be entered .  Was advised to go back to turbo tax and file a 1040X to correct the amount .  And after submitting the amendment,  it will take 12 to  16 weeks before they will send your refund. I've been using turbo tax for a few years now and this is the first time I've encountered this problem.  Any explanation from turbo tax will be greatly appreciated. 

I'm in the exact situation as you and I cant get any help.. all I ever get is to keep checking that stupid where's my refund thing. And absolutely nothing has changed on that. I really need my refund and I'm getting really upset with all this. And when I try any numbers to call it always ends up that they aren't open or the dont have enough workers to answer my question.

VegasVal

Me too I filed taxes in February STILL says being processed! And I'm one of the VICTIMS of double dipping into child support they gave my stimulus to My husband's ex wife 😡🤬🤬😡 can't even file a missing stimulus complaint to search for it. 😡🤬🤬

Mahirao07
Returning Member

Can you provide number where you able to talk with live agent??

Call  One -Eight Zero Zero-Eight Two Nine- One Zero Four Zero and follow the steps below exactly as they are written. Be prepared to wait. I waited for a little over an hour. Best of luck and hope you get answers. Sorry the kept redacting the number so thats the only way to post it.

Here are the steps once you call one 8 hundred 8 two nine ten 4 zero

1. Select language

2. Option 2

3. Option 1

4. Option 3

5. Option 2

6. It will ask for social security number. Do not enter it. It will ask a second time. Do not enter it.

7. Option 2

8. Option 4

You will then be connected to an agent

If it has to do with your 1040a and your 8962, you have to fax it in to 8 five five 8 nine two 7 five 8 eight. Include a cover letter with name address social security number phone number and a brief explanation. Hope this helps someone. 

wow they remove the phone number so IRS can't be called what crooked online business 

I just edited it and put in phonetically for you.

hey, I just had the same problem, and contact the IRS today, they told me I was underreiview, since the offices that's reviewing the returns is close, I will need to wait till July 27, and he recommenced me to go over my tax return to see if there is any error, such as error on the federal income tax withholding amount, turn out to be I did put in a wrong number, so I file the amend hope this is helping

U have a tax advocate... I had 1 2 years ago... Unfortunately wen i tried to talk to 1 this year right before the pandemic, I had to show proof of hardships such as disconnect notices, eviction noticesl, etc... Can u spell the number out that u called.. This app deletes numbers..its been since Feb since Ive filed... Still nothing..

@Yellowdog82 wrote:

U have a tax advocate... I had 1 2 years ago... Unfortunately wen i tried to talk to 1 this year right before the pandemic, I had to show proof of hardships such as disconnect notices, eviction noticesl, etc... Can u spell the number out that u called.. This app deletes numbers..its been since Feb since Ive filed... Still nothing..

See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Yeah I still haven't heard nothing still being prosses at this point I have givent up on waiting on waking up every Morning telling my self this could be the day I get my money I'm just fustrated stresses out , being a grouch to people that have nothing to do with my situation yes I was that person who was mad at the world I got tired of the wait the disappointment so I just stop looking asking for the money and now I fell alot like my old self 

I filed February 10 and am still waiting.

Yea unfort. Everything is on hold i spoke to irs yesterday and they are not at 100% operating , only phone call centers . i filed back in january . got a letter in febuary stating they were going over my taxes .and unfort. They shut down due to covid . was told to expect july .they will fully reopen in june . even the letter center is closed . so its a waiting game . and since taxes were extended to file it has also messed up the processing ....😵 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies