pxk338

What does this mean?

@JBelt1980 

My Amended return received on April 6th 2020 and its not yet processed, but I received a letter 4364C on March 26th 2021 saying "We have adjusted the account as requested", so not sure will that mean i will get a refund, Btw i filed my 2020 taxes on Feb 22 2021 but even those taxes are still being processed. So not sure anyone else is on the same boat as mine.

kimmiediane

What does this mean?

letter 4364C just means your Amended return had a few (or one) corrections made on it. Nothing to worry about as far as the letter. 

pxk338

What does this mean?

Amended return status for 2019, what does this mean and so am i getting a refund?Capture.PNG

AkinaLO

What does this mean?

@pxk338 That means your return is currently being processed by the IRS. You will continue to receive updates from the IRS until the process is complete. Keep checking back with the IRS for new information. If a refund is to be issued, the IRS will notify you in writing. 

Here's an IRS FAQ link for amended returns. 

https://www.irs.gov/filing/amended-return-frequently-asked-questions

pxk338

What does this mean?

What do you mean by Already adjusted?

JotikaT2

What does this mean?

"Already adjusted" means the IRS has reviewed the return and made their determinations.  The IRS will then notify you by mail of any adjustments and let you know why any changes were made.  You will be given an opportunity to reply if you feel there was an error and you will be able to provide proof to substantiate your position.  The notice will give you more information on how to reply if you disagree.

@pxk338

Phughes260

What does this mean?

Mailed my 1040x in September 2020 just now showing up as received but not processed 

What does this mean?

Sadly not a surprise this year ... they still have millions of prior year returns that have not yet been processed.   The IRS is understaffed,  over tasked and burdened by the limitations of  older computer equipment   so until congress properly funds this department they will continue to do less with less.  

Sarahjoy88

What does this mean?

My amended return said the same thing except it was received January 11, 2021. When I called the IRS they said that my amended return case had been closed, it wasn’t rejected just closed and they couldn’t tell me why.   They said I needed to resubmit my amended return to start the entire process all over. 🥺

w7oh11

What does this mean?

Thank you! You saved me a lot of consternation and frustration.