turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What bank does turbo tax use to do direct deposits

Refund released to turbo tax
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

View solution in original post

36 Replies

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I called earlier it said they received my refund and also said it’s scheduled for tomorrow to be sent to my bank I called I just called now they saying they haven’t received my refund what’s going on

Right im contacting corporate also filing a complaint with them 

Just a heads up for anybody reading this, I used this service/company and they worked great for me. Didn't delay my refund one bit, got it exactly when IRS said it would deposit it, to the day. I would use the deduct from refund feature again if I couldn't swing the upfront costs.

Momma1982

Wonder how this is going to work for the stimulus checks since the IRS more than likely doesn’t have our direct deposit information since it was sent to this bank first and not directly to our banks Linda messed up!! Now I wonder how long we shall have to wait for using this service!!!

What if you had no fees and your return went to your turbo debit card?

Rw9
Level 2

Are they handling the stimulation payments to ?

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

If your bank was listed on your tax return, it will go to your bank..  The other bank and the TurboTax fees are handled internally.

Unfortunately, we are still waiting for IRS guidance regarding updating or providing direct deposit information for the stimulus payments to TurboTax cards. We will have more information once the government finalizes the details."

What I can tell you is that you will get a letter or Email prior to receiving the check.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed my taxes with Turbo Tax in 2017 and gave direct deposit info, but a third party charged a small fee, and gave me my return money. Did the IRS get/have my direct deposit info? I did file 2018 by mail, and did put direct deposit on tax form but I ended up owing money. Will IRS still input direct deposit info from tax form, and/or will it still be on file with IRS from 2017 Turbo Tax refund. Thanks Sean Clark

Are we getting our stimulus checks on are turbo tax card?I was really relying on this money please give me the real answer 

@Landocommando777 wrote:

Are we getting our stimulus checks on are turbo tax card?I was really relying on this money please give me the real answer 

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

I filed my taxes with Turbo Tax in 2017 and gave direct deposit info, but a third party charged a small fee, and gave me my return money. Did the IRS get/have my direct deposit info? I did file 2018 by mail, and did put direct deposit on tax form but I ended up owing money. Will IRS still input direct deposit info from tax form, and/or will it still be on file with IRS from 2017 Turbo Tax refund. Thanks Sean 

I lost my card

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Eagles6969

You can contact customer service. https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us The only way to have a new card mailed to you is to call (888) 285-4169.

Follow the steps below.

Listen to the recording (you cannot skip it) Press 2 to continue using the automated system. The system will ask you to enter your 16 digit card number or if you don't know it, enter your social security number (do not enter either one of these) The system will then say " To report a card lost, stolen, or never received, Press 1", then press 1 Press 2 for the option of " have not yet received your card". Next you will be prompted to enter your social security number, zip code, and birthday. At this point the system should give you an option to get a new card sent or allow you to speak to an agent.

Please note: It may take over an hour to get your call answered as the phone lines are extremely busy at this time of year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies