Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Unable to Transmit Return

I followed the instructions and clicked on How do I contact Turbo Tax.  I clicked on the link for downloaded software and was never given the opportunity to ask a question or hit continue.  I got a generic page about what I needed help with  and a promotion to buy the software.

This solution provides manual updates for two states.

I'm having this issue with a Wisconsin tax return, and the solution does not list manual updates for Wisconsin.

Can you please provide a fix for Wisconsin returns.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Check here to see if your forms are ready. 

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_wi_online_individual.html

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mw61

Is there a software update available for the state of Michigan? I am having the same problem as those people filing NY, MA, and WI returns. Cannot get past the "transmit return" step without running an update, which is failing. Thx!

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Currently not showing a update but there are a few things to check. First, if you already filed your federal, you will have to wait until it has been "Accepted" by the IRS before you are able to go in and file your State.

How do I e-file my state after I already filed my federal?

Please see the link below for "transmission issues:

What if Transmit Returns doesn't work?

Some State forms for MI under E-file are still not available. State tax forms can become available for filing any time between December and late February, depending on the state and the tax form. While you’re working on your return, you’ll have a chance to let us know you want to receive email updates when your forms become available.

Please click here to check MI state forms availability.

If all forms are available that you need, please click here for instructions to contact customer care.

PCS

I live in Texas and do not pay state income tax, we don't have it.  I have tried over four days to submit my federal return electronically.  It keeps telling me to check for updates.  I do that and am informed that my software is up to date, but when I try to submit I get the same message.  I have used your software for years, but this may be the last.  This is the most frustrating mess I have had with you ever!  You do not have a phone number for me to talk to a live operator.  I have two companies to run and do not have time for this! Colleen

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

There are various reasons you may be receiving this error, when trying to transmit your return. Please see the TurboTax FAQ on how to resolve this: Transmitting your return.

Please also check the link below to ensure that all forms you need are available for e-filing:

IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products

PhilW
Returning Member

Same problem with transmitting.  Cant update as Turbo Tax says all updated.  Live in Michigan and on a MacBook Pro.  Ive used TT for years without a hitch, now this.  Support was called, talked and allowed screen viewing.  The technician  was  nice but told best thing is to wait until Tuesday as updates close on Monday, holiday for Presidents Day.   I did everything, changed browsers to Firefox, same result. Even installed TT again but no help.  The tech said to get rid of second installation which i did.  Crossing my fingers for Tuesday update.   do not want to mail, 68 pages for Federal alone.  plus State has a bunch too.

PhilW   

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the following TurboTax FAQ for assistance with transmitting your return: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/minimum-system-requirements-for-turbotax-...

I'm trying to submit Federal and Michigan.  I get the same unable to submit because I need an update ... which isn't available.  I was able to pay for my state return and didn't have any problems until I get to the end of the process.

Endless lists of forms don't help us as we don't know which form of lack of form is causing problems.

Load update manually 

This worked for me.  I submitted my Federal return without the State (Michigan) return.  That went fine.  My Federal was accepted after about a half an hour.  I thought I might as well try the State again.  When I started TT this time, a state update was installed which apparently hadn't installed in a few previous restarts trying to solve problem.  After this update, the State return submitted successfully.  We'll see if it is accepted. 

This all occurred on a Sunday evening, so I doubt if Intuit was releasing new updates during this time... it seems to be a problem with the update process.  I wasted a couple of hours on this.   No stars for TT this year. 

PamV

I'm having the same problem today.  I was able to successfully transmit my federal return, and went back in after the IRS accepted it, but am still unable to transmit the MA return.  Hopefully there will be an update soon for MA that will allow me to transmit that.  I'm hoping that Turbo Tax will be refunding us for any state efiles that we paid for but will not go through.  Thank you for the suggestion of filing the federal return first. 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

This situation will be best handled by contacting customer care. Please click here for directions. 

bill-W

I finished my taxes using Turbo Tax, but was unable to e-file.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies