Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax closed my card, now I can't get my stimulus check?

@Noble1997 wrote:

Did the same **bleep** to me. Now I can’t get this new stimulus 

Go to this IRS website for stimulus information - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

Abing1997

how could they just deactivate my account without telling me ? how will I get the second stimulus payment 

The same thing happened to me today. I went to sign onto my account and could not. After 3 hours of calling the customer service number they said my account had been closed last month due to inactivity. They said they will reject the stimulus payment and then the IRS will send a paper check. Wow. 

@Noble1997 - you will either get it via paper check or it will be reconciled and provided as a tax credit on your 2020 tax return.   

I’m in the same boat, it looks like the screwed a lot of folks over by deactivating accounts with absolutely no consent and absolutely no warning at all. I don’t know what channels yo go down but I want to seek legal advice because this is bull**bleep**! So what now a bunch of people will get it via a check? First off don’t trust the postal service and I also know people that got theirs mailed last time and never even received it. 

Not really though, I have a visa prepaid card that hasn’t had cash on it in over a year and it’s still active. 

@Kramer2112 - again, it you do not receive the stimulus via check (or direct deposit), it will become a credit on your 2020 tax return.  that is the way Congress set this up.

this tool is expected to be available on Monday

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

Astn2575

Yes this happened to me too. My card was active last month, there was a negative balance of a couple dollars. They up and canceled my account with no warning no message no phone call. That's the account the irs has on file for me. I need this money right NOW not in 6-8 weeks. I have 3 children and my wife to provide for and we are OUT OF MONEY NOW!  WHY TURBOTAX/GREENDOT WHYYYY??!!

Same here Idk wtf is going on but I know I want my money!!

Caliprize
Returning Member

Now they sent me this text saying they are going to reactivate my card 

95CDB81B-D771-4457-88BD-9D05856B736F.png

Caliprize
Returning Member

Let’s see if they really reactivate my card 

Shylalee

Ooookay so how do I know if my account was closed, becausemine says I've had a negative balance since July but it doesn't say that it's closed or deactivated so I don't know.

@Shylalee 

that is what I am trying to figure out. I have a negative balance, but it all seems to be working. And i re-attached the card they sent me earlier this year to the account. But not sure if it will work?

Djeh0614

Did your reactivate? I got the same text message 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies