turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Caliprize
Returning Member

Turbotax closed my card, now I can't get my stimulus check?

I will be closing my account 

My wife and I ha e filed and received  our taxes and first stimulus on our card and the deactivation was not notified and our mo ey is on our account but we cant log in or change address or request a new card cause they closed us out and we have been calling for a week and cant get to anyone 

7515walt
Returning Member

My card has also been closed and my stimulus money was deposited to my account. Since my card has been closed the website will not let me log in to it so I can't request a new card that way. And then when I call the number that you provided witch is the same number that is on the back of my card it tells me I have called the wrong number and to call the number on the back of my card. And that is the same number I called on. I can't find a way to talk to a live person at all. Idk what to do. I need that money. Please someone help me

Yashmun
Returning Member

My card was closed in November now the automated service to get new card doesn’t recognize my info.

Tamika2
Returning Member

Turbotax closed my card how can I activate it again 

I’m trying to log into Turbo Tax Debit Card app and I don’t know my login info so then I call the number on the back of the card it’s implies to give them my social birthday and zip. After giving it to the automated system it says that they don’t have any record of my account. My first stimulus I got it mailed to me in a check how will I get my second stimulus payment. 

Andre9976

My card is blocked how can i get the block off my card.

Mine too. They are dumb. 

The idiots at green dot refuse to shut mine down and my identity was stolen good job turbodebitcard

I have the same problem, I just had a bunch of things to dispute too so now I'm out that money

All questions concerning the TurboTax Prepaid Visa card from Greendot, or your account with them,  should be directed to their customer service. 

Find more information at https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us

Getting to know the Turbo® Visa® Debit Card

LStarr79

they are still up to it, wish i had read this issue 2 months ago, i have called and been given the run around. their phone lines suck you cant hear the person talking, they give different answers to my problem or just hang up on me. This has caused so much stress and worry! My card worked.. was working fine.. then boom..  cant log into their online cuz account doesnt exist. call the da*n number and you cant get past the last 4 card because well they deleted it.    now reading all these feeds infuriates me even more that this is a known issue. all 13 people i attempted to conversate with acted like i was nuts and everything is fine or well we closed it because negative balance. i get a new card each year because they dont give the option to refill last years cards.  NEVER AGAIN! lost this 10 year customer! 

You do NOT need a new card every year if you choose to have the refund put to the old card ... to do that you choose the direct deposit option and enter the routing & account numbers for the card just like you would do for a bank account.    The only time a new one must be issued is if you get an advance "loan" ... then you have no option.  

In the future, no matter which DIY  program you use never use any refund processing services.  Save yourself the fee and pay upfront with a debit/credit card.... and FYI ...

If you qualify   you can use one of  the 10 IRS FREE FILE options to file a fed & state return for free ... but you must log in thru the IRS site :

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

For Filing Season 2021, you must make $72,000 or below to use one of the 10  IRS Free File partner offers.

It's not Turbo tax that closed your account. It's Green Dot! Turbo tax has no control over the turbo card, which is very confusing and annoying. 

Green Dot locked my account and cancelled my prepaid card, where my tax refund was deposited. I did what they asked me to do and verified my identity by sending them pictures of the front and back of my driver's license. After doing so; they locked my account and cancelled my prepaid card.

No matter who I talked to at Green Dot; no one could help me. The only thing they tell me is that my account was locked due to fraudulent suspicion. They tell me I need to contact the issuer of the deposit, AKA. the IRS.  After contacting the IRS, they told me that they can't help me, because they sent me the money. As far as they know; I could have already spent the money. They have no way to know.

All the IRS can do is do a "refund trace", which could take several months. This is done once they can confirm that the money was never spent. They will not call green dot to confirm that I haven't spent the money. 

This is crazy... If only I could find a way to call the green dot headquarters. The only other way Is to contact the local news station. I have seen a few videos, where people in the same situation have contacted the local news station and they were able to reach out to the right people. Unfortunately lower class people don't have access to these people.

Anyways, good luck to everyone in the same boat.

Same thing happened to me! I had 700 dollars in my account. I still have not received it and that was last October.  They said it was suspicious activity because my husband was sending me money while I was traveling. He had done that several times with no problem, then all of a sudden my account was closed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies