turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbotax closed my card, now I can't get my stimulus check?

I don’t know how to reactivate... all I know is they closed my account.. I can log in I just can’t do anything else.. 

What text message??

How did you do this????

please

Djeh0614

I got a text saying they were going to reactivate my card at 2 this morning but it was not 

What did you do to get a text? 
I need steps to follow so I can get this **bleep** done. Someone please

Dooda

Turbo closed my card 

MelS2316

You should go back and remove your add on or black out your info love. It shows your number, address and full name. Ppl love to steal others identity. 

MelS2316

Went to check my account and low and behold turbo cancelled my card also. I can't access it through the app whatsoever and they have no explanation as to why. I can still see my balance if I log directly into their site but if I were to even get my check on it I wouldn't be able to do anything since they took it upon themselves to cancel my open and active account for no reason but selfish ways of their own. I will never file with them ever again. I hope they get shut down completely

MelS2316

That sounds good and all but some of us never cancelled nor closed our accounts to begin with. Turbotax had no right to cancel anything that was active and cards still good. There's more going on on turbotax end that we're not being told. 

Caliprize
Returning Member

It shouldn’t be on there I just checked it 

If you did not use the processing service and  instead entered the debit card direct deposit info directly into the FILE tab then the following  doesn't apply to you.   

If you used the refund processing service to pay the TT fees from the federal refund and the balance put on the TT card then the processing bank will NOT be accepting those deposits.  They will be rejected and the IRS will issue a check mailed to the address they currently have on file.  Putting in a change of address with the IRS before filing your return will be a waste of time but you can put in a forwarding address with the IRS instead so the check can find you.

The IRS will stop mailing payments on 1/15  so if you do not get a check in the mail by 1/27 you can get the money on the 2020 return you will file.  The IRS will not start processing returns until 1/27 at the earliest so you have time to wait and see.  

https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/Economic Impact Payment Information

Last updated: Dec. 30 2020 8:12 am

12/30/2020 Update

The IRS has announced that the second rounEconomic Impact Payments(EIP) are being delivered directly to qualified taxpayers, and the IRS has indicated payments will NOT  be delivered to Refund Transfer banks including Santa Barbara TPGTPG will not play a role in facilitating these payments. The eligibility amount and status of your stimulus payment can be found at IRS.gov/coronavirus.

If the IRS indicates funds were sent to TPG those funds will be rejected back to the IRS. The IRS may indicate funds were deposited to an account ending in the last four digits of your Social Security number. For your protection any account that was established at TPG to facilitate processing of your tax refund was closed when you received your original tax refund, and that account no longer exists.

Unfortunately, TPG does not have any visibility into this information, therefore our agents cannot answer any questions regarding these payments.

TurboTax has NO control over your stimulus check, nor can TT track it or tell you when you will receive it.  The IRS will use the same banking information for the 2nd stimulus that they used for the first one.  If that account (or card) is closed then the stimulus will go back to the IRS and they will mail you a check.

See this information from the IRS:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-and-irs-begin-delivering-second-round-of-economic-impact-payme...

I'm having the same issues. Hoping they send a new card. If not I will never use turbo again. This is not the time to mess with people.

None of this works. No one gets to the phone and the website doesnt work. This is crazy to do this now! Never using turbo again!

Caliprize
Returning Member

Well now you can track your stimulus payment on the irs website and mine is being mailed to my address will be here on the 6th 

Caliprize
Returning Member

I will not be using TurboTax again. From now on I will be going somewhere to have my taxes done 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies