Re: The account I chose to have my refund check de...

tdapinkblack

The account I chose to have my refund check deposited in is no longer open. What is going to happen if they attempt to deposit the check? Or is there a way to have my bank information changed before

DonnaLO

If you've already e-filed or dropped your tax return into a mailbox, unfortunately you cannot change the information provided.  If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-if-i-entered-the-wrong-bank-account-for-direct-d...

alox23

So for that check to be mailed to me, do i need to contact anyone? or will it automatically be sent out to me? thanks

TerukoL
Employee TurboTax Specialist

If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will automatically mail a refund check to the address listed on your return.

Please click What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? to learn more.