turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cimeonm
Returning Member

Tax return about 2018

I'm confess why did my tax went through what is a PTIN?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Tax return about 2018

preparer tax identification number

View solution in original post

Cimeonm
Returning Member

Tax return about 2018

So I request it at the IRS and they will send me my transcript tax form to me and it would show me the PTIN and can I still fill for 2018?

Tax return about 2018

a ptin is for those who prepare tax returns for compensation. you don't need it to file for yourself.

Cimeonm
Returning Member

Tax return about 2018

Why did my tax E-tax get rejected is it because I don't file it on time?

8 Replies

Tax return about 2018

preparer tax identification number

Cimeonm
Returning Member

Tax return about 2018

So I request it at the IRS and they will send me my transcript tax form to me and it would show me the PTIN and can I still fill for 2018?

Tax return about 2018

a ptin is for those who prepare tax returns for compensation. you don't need it to file for yourself.

Cimeonm
Returning Member

Tax return about 2018

Why did my tax E-tax get rejected is it because I don't file it on time?

Tax return about 2018

If your return was rejected for the 2017 AGI  it doesn't matter anymore ... you can no longer efile a 2018 return ... it must be printed, ink signed and mailed.  And because you filed the 2018 return late when you go to efile the 2019 use a ZERO for the 2018 AGI since you filed it late ( may be the same issue you had for the 2017 AGI if you filed that return late). 

Tax return about 2018

@Cimeonm No one else can see the email you received telling you why your return was rejected--and that email does have a rejection message or rejection code . But you are too late to e-file, so now you have to print, sign and mail your 2018 return.  As Critter said, you will have this same problem when you try to file your 2019 return, since your 2018 AGI will not be in the system when the time comes--so when you try to e-file for 2019 you have to try using zero as your 2018 AGI, or you will be mailing in your 2019 return, too.

Online tax preparation and e-filing for 2018 returns is now permanently closed.  You had until midnight on Tuesday, October 15 to finish and attempt to e-file; if your e-file was rejected you had until October 20 to make corrections and re-file. Now it is too late to use online software or to e-file. If you have any changes/corrections at all to make to your 2018 return, you now have to complete it using desktop software, which you must download to a full PC or Mac  (not to a mobile device).

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2559403-how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-started-in-turb...

If you already paid for your online software you can ask customer support for a download of the desktop software.

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday-Friday.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

If you are getting a refund, there is no penalty for filing late.  If you owe tax due, then file and pay the amount due as shown on the Form 1040, but expect a bill later from the IRS for the penalty and interest you will owe.  Only the IRS will calculate this—TurboTax will not calculate it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-finish-a-prior-year-return-that-i-...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
pb05

Tax return about 2018

I needto file my 2018 taxes years is there a way i can do it on turbo taxes??

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Tax return about 2018

Please go to this TurboTax website to purchase, download and install on a personal computer one of the 2018 desktop editions so that you can complete and file a 2018 tax return - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies