turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sent taxes 2/12 through Turbo and IRS hasn't received them, should I send them again?

IRS hasn't received my taxes?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Sent taxes 2/12 through Turbo and IRS hasn't received them, should I send them again?

No. You can only submit your return to the IRS once. When you check the status of the return here, does it show accepted or rejected?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jackpreed
Returning Member

I have the same problem.  Anyone have any solutions?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@jackpreed When you check your e-file status as advised above, does it show accepted or rejected?

jackpreed
Returning Member

It says accepted.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@jackpreed when you check your return status on the Where's My Refund website here, do you see your information populating?

jackpreed
Returning Member

No, it says

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

It's been saying that for days and when I answer the filing date question at the bottom of the screen it says, 

We cannot provide any information about your refund. Be sure to:

• verify your filing date;
  • check with your tax preparer or tax software provider; or
  • verify you received your electronically filed acknowledgement e-mail.

If you filed a complete and accurate tax return, your refund should be issued within 21 days of the received date. However, processing may take longer under certain circumstances.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You can check your e-file status here.  If it confirms your e-filing, there is no need to re-submit. 

Please see the Help Article here for the message you received on the IRS' WMR site. 

jackpreed
Returning Member

On the first link you gave me, Step 1, 

If you e-filed
with TurboTax

I get: 

You're already 50% done!
Don't worry—we'll help you update anything that's changed.

Personal info

[removed]

Income

Tax breaks

We'll check for:

Dependent Deduction

Child Tax Credit

Earned Income Credit

Next, let's choose the right product for you.
Then when I click Continue it tries to sell me various versions of Turbo tax.  Looks like something isn't right with my filing?
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@jackpreed Based on the information you provided, you have not actually filed your return, which is why you are not able to track the return on Where's My Refund. You should follow the prompts within Turbo Tax so you can finish submitting your return. 

Please note this is a public forum, so part of your personal information has been removed for your security. 

If you need assistance finishing your return, please click here to contact customer support. 

jackpreed
Returning Member

Thanks for removing the personal info.  As I mentioned above, I did file my return and it was accepted by the IRS.  I just tried to file again but TT won't let me.  Will customer support be able to get me around that?

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@jackpreed If your tax return shows "Accepted" by the IRS and you are not able to pull a status on the IRS Where's My Refund? site, be sure you are entering your Federal refund only before any fees if applicable. If still no record on the IRS website and its been more than 24 hours since your return has been accepted, it may be a issue with the IRS site or possible updates. Continue to check back as the IRS updates daily, usually overnight. 

Please also see the TurboTax Article below:

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

Note: You don't want to try filing again, this could cause issues and delays for you. Again, if your return was Accepted by the IRS you are fine, Once your return is Accepted, TurboTax receives no further updates on your tax return. You are on the IRS payment timetable. Only the IRS knows the status of processing your tax return. If all of your information is correct that you are entering, you should be able to see your status soon.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies