Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

SBTPG holding my refund for zero reason!?

Filed on 01/28/22 got accepted both state and federal immediately after. NO emails stating any errors, no mail, etc. Set up my fees to be deducted from my return as I thought it would be easier. Got a DDD from the IRS for 03/07/22. State went to the same account perfectly fine no issues. Called IRS to see where my refund was at it's been sent to my bank since 03/02/22 and it was past the 5 day wait. They said they have the wrong account number? Even though my 1040 I filed with SBTPG and TT are both the exact account number I gave the IRS rep. Someone in SBTPG is holding these refunds hostage. They took their cut of the fees and it says funded on my account on their website. I can not track my refund on their phone number because it says "unusual activity" even though no one informed me of this or emailed me. I can use my social to log into their website but I can't verify on their identity link they claim I have to do.  Have sent several case emails just to have them closed or sent back the same preautomated message. Filed a complaint with the BBB and no surprise the business has not replied yet. They need to be held accountable and Turbo Tax needs to fix this issue! I paid them almost $200 to do my taxes correctly and I now am having to beg and go through hoops to get my money! After 8 years I will never use TT again. I'm informing everyone of this too!!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Absolutely will not be thumbing up any response. Turbo tax will never get my money after this year. I have filed for 8 years. Never any issues until this year. I have submitted several requests to your third party bank, can not talk to any human being whatsoever via email or phone call. This has been reported to the BBB. I hope others follow suit and you guys get a class action lawsuit for malicious practices. Every turbo tax representative I've dealt with can't contact SBTPG because of "security reasons" yet they have zero issue just sending our refunds to them. This should be ILLEGAL. 

View solution in original post

16 Replies
HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

In this public forum, we do not have access to any information regarding refund processing. It would be necessary to try contacting TPG again for additional information. If you are unable to get through on the phone, you can scroll down and click Submit A Request to send a message.  You can also check out this TPG Help Article to check on your refund again.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Absolutely will not be thumbing up any response. Turbo tax will never get my money after this year. I have filed for 8 years. Never any issues until this year. I have submitted several requests to your third party bank, can not talk to any human being whatsoever via email or phone call. This has been reported to the BBB. I hope others follow suit and you guys get a class action lawsuit for malicious practices. Every turbo tax representative I've dealt with can't contact SBTPG because of "security reasons" yet they have zero issue just sending our refunds to them. This should be ILLEGAL. 

Ok you guys, I FINALLY got an amazing rep Andrew at SBTPG who said the bank print services were down until March 2nd. The checks were sent out that day. So it should take 7-10 business days. If you do not have a bank, you can not cash the checks at Walmart. You must go to a check cashing place so we still will have to pay extra for their bs just to get our money. I am glad I finally got someone with some sense who could tell me what was going on. 

How did you even get ahold of a human being?!

I went through the whole automated thing and then selected the option to hear funding activity. Then I stayed on hold for 2 hours and 40 minutes. 

I'm not even able to get ahold of anyone lol. They are scam artists I can not believe this. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

We know how important your refund is and we apologize. You'll get an email message from us shortly letting you know when to expect the rest of your refund.

In the meantime, please refer to these Turbo Tax help articles.

What is Refund Processing Service?

Why is my direct-deposited refund or check lower than the amount in TurboTax?

Why is My Tax Refund Not What I Expected?

How do I track my state refund?

What is a refund offset?

Refund Status: SBTPG

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Will all that have been affected by this be recieving emails or do we have to reach out individually? I’ve read another forum that says that we do not have to do anything on our part but considering this was ALL done without any knowledge to any of your customers about the 3rd party; I don’t really trust that information. 

so to clarify; we should be recieving an email stating when to expect the rest of our returns? Mine hit yesterday. I was supposed to get back $1600 after fees & only got $188. This is beyond ridiculous & the year people need their money the most!! This will be the last year I file with you guys. 

Filed 2/28/22, said I’d get my return 3/16. Said it was sent, funded on their site, just to find out BY MYSELF that my account number was entered incorrectly.. they did that cause I checked my account number too many times to make sure it was entered correctly. So I called anywhere I could.. IRS, TURBO TAX, MY BANK. Nothing. Said that my account number was wrong and that they haven’t been updated with anything else since they rejected it??? If there was something wrong with my account why am I not getting any emails, mail, notifications from turbo tax, IRS???? I have NO emails saying there would be a delay. My tax transcripts are still the same as If I received them. Like I’m out here doing all the work. I’m so angry that I have to pay taxes but y’all want to hold on to mine. I have kids, household, and my own business that I have to handle and I’ve been counting on this. Everything is still saying sent, irs says everything has been sent / received. SBTGB says they sent out my taxes via paper check today… got the same automated information yesterday that it was sent out. I need my taxes and I’ll never be using turbo tax again. Sbtgb? NEVER AGAIN. You all are fraudulent and take everyone’s money. I’ve seen so many accounts saying their bank info was changed without their control and they have to wait. If I could, I’d rather cancel my order all together and go elsewhere. Y’all suck.

This is all very shady.   I’m lucky I was OVER FEE charged  by $39 +9.91, yes 9. 9-1.

After paying $138 in TT fees a processing fee for an electronic transfer from a third party??  Ridiculous! After Using TT for over 10 years, not sure I will again. 

Going forward, you can avoid all this (and save the extra charge) by paying your TT fees upfront with a credit or debit card.  That way, your refund goes directly from the IRS to you.

Or, better yet, change your withholding so that you get more money during the year. Why give the government an interest free loan all year?

Literally me right now nobody has answers IRS CONFIRMED IT WAS SENT 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️I’m filing bbb report Monday this is pure bull**bleep**

11477D0A-19AE-4FCA-8B5D-5B985220D6C8.jpeg

F10B7454-C4C4-4768-A5B1-97408445E9DD.png

Ebonyquill97
Returning Member

So sbtpg took fees from my refund they tried to mail a check to my old address so I never received it on October 21st they told me they sent my refund back to irs they told me it will take 10 to 12 weeks for the irs to receive the funds back I was able to check on sbtpg website about my refund now that the 10 weeks is here I’m unable to use my social and refund amount with sbtpg it as if they deleted my account now I can’t get in contact with support my social is not registered anymore and the irs hasn’t received my funds back still 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies