turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Refund

Please click this IRS link https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/transaction_codes_pocket_guide.pdf to learn what the codes on your tax transcript mean. 

If you have further questions please click How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

I have had numerous problems this year.  I filed on 01/26 and was given an estimated federal refund date of 02/17/20.  When I did not get my refund on 02/17/20 I called the IRS and they said that it was delayed because form 1095A and 8962 were not filed with my return.  I thought Turbo Tax checked your return before transmitting to the IRS because it should have caught this.  I faxed the forms the same day I called them and they said it was going to be another 6-8 weeks that was on 02/18.  That is when I asked for a Tax Advocate.  I have been assigned a tax advocate and two weeks ago she told me that the refund was being processed and it would take at least two weeks.  Hold on!  It gets better.  I called the IRS on Friday and the referred me back to the tax advocate who told me that according to their records the irs would not update the status until 03/28.  That is the same amount of time that it would have been had I not asked for an advocate.  So I politely asked her what was the purpose of me being assigned to an advocate because it seemed to me that I am going to be waiting the same amount of time had I not asked for an advocate.  She told me she was going to make some calls and get back to me within 2 hours.  She did call back on Friday afternoon and left a voicemail message telling me that she is going to speak to her manager today (Monday) and she would call me by 9:00 am.  Well I am still waiting.  Now my state refund!!!  I went to check the status of my state refund and I see an update that they sent me a letter saying that they need to verify my income.  WTH????  This has been the worse year by far using Turbo Tax.  Why does the state need to verify my income when Turbo Tax automatically transfers the numbers from the Federal to State refunds?  I don't get it.

Refund

First it's not just Turbo Tax... I've spoken with several people that are having the same issues and they used H&R Block.  I believe it's just this tax year is all screwed up..... The Where's My Refund site that the IRS tells you to use because it's an accurate account for what's going on with your refund, is a joke.. It's not correct for everyone... I know from experience... But now for lots of taxpayers, it is just a waiting game, which is horrible.  Good luck

Refund

I was actually able to talk to a person and they told me they mailed out a form on March 1st for me to send back verifying I had insurance for the whole 2019. 

Refund

I have been waiting for 2 weeks for an advocate to call me back and I have an eviction notice for APRIL 5

IRS says my refund will be issued on April 23 and it was accepted on Jan 29

cwill5797
Returning Member

Refund

it so stupid that we all haft wait 

Refund

Yes, that is what happened to me and it was on 02/18 that I talked to a live IRS representative.  Luckily I asked for the fax number and I was able to fax the forms they said were missing the same day.  When I talked to another representative at the IRS on Friday, they have finished manually adjusting my Federal return so I don't see why I have to wait 8 weeks.  If it's done, it's done and just release the refunds.

Refund

Turbo Tax, H&R Block, etc. should have the technology to check to see if all your forms are done before they transmit your refunds.  When they did the check when I completed my Federal return it said it was all good even though I answered yes to the question about whether or not I received health insurance through Obamacare.  When they ran my state return they let me know that a form was not available for car depreciation and would not accept the return until the form was available, they even sent me an email when the form was available so I could finish my state refund.  If Turbo Tax could do that they can also let you know if you did not file a form such as the 1095A or 8962.  

Refund

Yes I filed on the 2/5/20 and it said I would get my refund on the 2/26/20 . I still haven't received it yet and now it just say still processing. 

Refund

@Sennya wrote:

Yes I filed on the 2/5/20 and it said I would get my refund on the 2/26/20 . I still haven't received it yet and now it just say still processing. 

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

cnunez01

Refund

Im still waiting on mine it says refund accepted since February 22, 2020. I have not received my refund yet and I’m very concerned it never took this long. I think that I’m gonna go the H & B.

Refund

@cnunez01 wrote:

Im still waiting on mine it says refund accepted since February 22, 2020. I have not received my refund yet and I’m very concerned it never took this long. I think that I’m gonna go the H & B.

It would be a waste of time and money going to HRB since your tax return has already been filed and accepted by the IRS.  If you e-filed another tax return it would be rejected by the IRS since they have already received a federal tax return with your name and Social Security number.

If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Refund

im having problems to it went all the way to approved and now when I check it Telles me I've entered the wrong info does anyone know the phone no. to turbo tax

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Refund

The IRS states:

WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED

"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with the irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early.

This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also, clear your cache in your browser settings."

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

You might receive this message because:

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
  • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.

Once the IRS accepts your return, TurboTax no longer receives updates. Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

Any ideas what it means if the sbptg shows amount that supposed to be sent but it doesn’t have amount that was received or date it received yet? This is my first time using the turbo card

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies